Pages

Wednesday 18 March 2020

Scrapped tulips

Hello crafting pals!

I had a little look in my snippets box today. This is not where I store card stock or designer paper off cuts; it's the box where I file things I've created for cards, only to find they don't work or are surplus to requirement. I made a spring note card with bits and pieces from it - come and see:


The card base was one I'd masked off to make a sponged background. I'd used washi tape as the mask but hadn't de-tacked it well enough, and when I came to remove it I tore the card base - grrrr! To save it, I used a hairdrier to get the rest of the washi off smoothly and looked around for something to disguise the tear.


In the snippets box I found some tulips which were a try-out when I first acquired my Spring Tulips set from Clearly Besotted last year. I also found this wide frame which is a by-product of die-cutting a stitched rectangle out of a card panel. They covered the tear nicely!


To add interest to the sponging, I dabbed some Antique Linen distress ink through the Distressed Diamonds stencil from Funky Fossil. Once my frame was attached, and the tulips tucked into it, I placed the card into my stamping platform and stamped a bold 'hello' greeting from Hello and Thanks from WPlus9. A few pink enamel dots added a further touch of spring :)


So proud that my snippety card was the Headliner at the Paper Players 21/3/20

Here's a little peek at my snippets box:


I put that left over frame over the gingham panel - there's definitely a card there! But, hmmm, there are also a few things there that need purging!

CHALLENGES
I'm linking this card up with the Paper Players where Joanne's challenge is just my thing - CAS and spring flowers! I'm also playing along with The Snippets Playground where using up the bits and pieces are the order of the day - we're like wombles!!


AND IN OTHER NEWS
With extra time in the craft square metre, I've been thinking of organisation. I've decided to make a log of all my stamp sets, cross referencing, so that a floral set with a cup and a bird in it, for example, will appear under Flowers, Food/Drink AND Birds. I'm also getting some clear A5 wallets to add to my A4 and 12 x 12 card stocks so that it's easier to keep the snippets with the right colour groups. Perhaps I should do this with my designer paper too - what do you think?

I'll leave you with a photo of my adorable Eva bringing me the mail...


...and what HAPPY mail it was too! Hopefully, I'll be able to show you what it was in the next day or two :)

Hugs,

29 comments:

  1. Cor, I wish I had a mail delivery system like that! SUPER!

    Lovely tulips note-card and perfect use of your snippets. I can see lots of card possibilities in your snippets . . . I'll be round for a cuppa shortly and we can play!

    Elbow bumps xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's very efficient but, unlike my regular postman, she demands cheese when she delivers the post!
      Can you really see card possibilities in the snippets? I wish you could pop round for a play but since we can't, if you tell me what you want doing, I'll do it!! xxx

      Delete
  2. A really lovely creation, a great frame, with a lovely background and really like the over hanging tulips. I was going to say, you want to see my desk at the moment but I would be too ashamed for anyone to see it at the moment.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Vicky, much as I adore your Tulip card and the design I'm afraid Eva steals the shoe here. My Buffy used to do exactly the same, no longer with us but my avatar still.

    Good luck cataloguing all your stamps, it's a lengthy task but worthwhile long term. I've just re-subscribed to your blog, I'm certain I did it a few weeks ago but the absence of you on my reading list suggests otherwise.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, I would have loved to have met your Buffy. They just love having little jobs to do don't they.

      Well, I actually don't have that many stamps yet so thought it was best to do it while it's a manageable task!

      You probably did subscribe - I find Blogger is a law unto itself! x

      Delete
  4. Eva is cute and clever! So are you to rescue that tear and come up with another elegant pretty card, well done and good luck with that snippet pile :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it's always a work in progress that snippets box! Isn't my floofy girl a cutie?! xxx

      Delete
  5. Such a pretty retrieved card, I must do things like this instead of throwing them! Love your pretty postgirl.
    Would you like to catalogue my stamps, I haven't got many, but it would help me a lot? LOL.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get so frustrated when things go wrong and can't bear to throw things away when I've spent time on them! Lol, I'll pass on cataloguing your stamps - you've probably got a lot more than I have! x

      Delete
  6. Hello Vicky, thank you for your lovely comment on my blog. And how wonderful to see you've picked up some crafting again. Now I know you're sharing again I will visit your blog, since you are an inspiration to me. I love your style. Hope you are well and safe. Love Caro xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello again :) So lovely to see your beautiful work again Caro! Be safe xxx

      Delete
  7. Gorgeous card Vicky and a super save with those pretty tulips and fabulous inked background. I love your postal delivery service. Hope you're keeping well xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrea :) Best postal delivery service in the world! I'm ok thanks and hoping you are too xx

      Delete
  8. Vicky, I think you could made a stunning card out of most any bits and pieces! Love reading how this came together and diamond stenciling was genius! As always, thank you for joining The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now there's a challenge Stef! Thank goodness for fab challenges like The Paper Players in times of crisis, that's all I can say.

      Delete
  9. Another stunning card, Vicky! My snippets box is full of perfectly good parchment designs that I've put to one side before finishing. I must complete them, and also work through the much bigger box of parchment, card, and even designer paper offcuts! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Who would have thought that something so pretty could have been created from snippets and offcuts Vicky?! You really are so very creative. I love everything about this card, from the bright yellow tulips to the sponged background and stencil detail. Such a shame we are all in isolation - I would love to let you loose on my snippets box! Thanks for sharing with us over at The Paper Players this week! Oh and Eva is such a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for such lovely comments about my card. It is a shame we can't get together but we are so lucky to be able to congregate online - as many of us as we like!

      Delete
  11. No fair! My postal worker is nowhere are cute... or fluffy... as yours. My fluffy companions will not deliver my packages even for cheese or other treats. I love your snippet card. I have way more snippets than you to the point I had to divide into 3: backgrounds, images, and die cuts. A suggestion for you... I use Evernote to inventory my stash. I can access it from home on my pc or tablet, and from my phone (its on iphone and android). Not only can I see if I already own a set, I can see how many I own with similar images. I tag each set with the theme, words to describe each image, sentiment subjects, and manufacturer. Its easier to set up than the only other app I know of, Airtable. With Evernote you can add pictures not only of the product, but pics of creations made with it like you would on Pinterest, but its all together and the best part is that its searchable so many ways. Search by name, tags, manufacturer, etc. Helps when doing challenges for certain companies with their products, or general challenges using certain themes. I can't live without it now, and use it to manage my recipes, home improvement ideas, and so much more. I'd be happy to show you screen shots if you are interested!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha - she could put the mailmen out of work couldn't she?! Eva is a trollop for treats I'm afraid!
      Thank you SO much for this useful info. I shall look into it :)

      Delete
  12. I LOVE tulips! Such a pretty card, and thanks so much for playing along at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now that is the cutest way to get mail delivered!!! Gorgeous card, Claire and congrats on being the headliner this week
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She waits for the mail to be delivered because she knows it's a great way to get treats! Thank you Jaydee - I was thrilled to be Headliner this week :)

      Delete
  14. Beautiful and a well deserved win at TPP. Congratulations! 👏🎉🎉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Trina - I was delighted with the win!

      Delete
  15. Wonderful snippets card Vicky and I, like Sarn, think you have some wonderful snippetty bits there. Ha, Eva looks so adorable - Dudley can only manage a letter, and even then he just might refuse to hand it over! Perhaps he's after cheese too, his favourite nibble. He can hear the rustle of a chees packet from the other end of the house!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)