Pages

Saturday 15 August 2020

The rainbow fairy of adorableness!

Hello, crafting friends!

How do you choose new stamps? Are you an impulse buyer? Or do you think long and hard about every purchase? I am the latter kind of shopper and tend to buy stamps based on how versatile they'll be because I have very little space. But I lost my heart to the set I'm using today - although I did have a little think about how I might use the stamps for other purposes... and look! It's working!!!


This adorable fairy belongs to a stamp set just released at Funky Fossil called Christmas Characters. Well, the festive season is the last thing on her mind today as she's celebrating someone's birthday in style! I think I love her because she's such a cool, modern fairy! Look at her rocking that hood! 



I started the card by sponging SU So Saffron ink through Funky Fossil's Funky Circle stencil and fading it out towards the edges. Then I stamped the fairy with Memento black ink, coloured her with a rainbow of Spectrum Noir alcohol markers and fussy cut her. I doodled in shoes and straps for her frock, then added sparkle to her hood, dress and wings with a Wink of Stella pen. The stamp has a heart on her hood and I popped an enamel heart over the top of it.


For the sentiment, I chose a couple of greetings from Altenew's Birthday Greetings and put them together. I liked the idea of 'close your eyes and make a wish' because the fairy has her eyes closed :) 

CHALLENGES
I'm joining in at Seize The Birthday where the topping this fortnight is Rainbow Colours; Watercooler Wednesday, where it's all about celebrating Occasions; Make My Monday, where they want to see CAS cards; Tuesday Throwdown, where they are asking us to Use a Stencil; and NBUS, the perfect place to share your Never Before Used Schtuff!

 I'm also linking up at the Addicted to CAS design team call because having done a fair few guest slots for various challenges,  I've decided I'd like to aim to become a permanent member of a card challenge team :)


AND IN OTHER NEWS
Every now and again I'll be doing chores somewhere in the house and my little pal Eva will appear with something in her mouth.


Today it's Monkey Fren. Note the cute melting look on her face - she knows I will drop everything to play with her when she looks like that! 

Hope you are safe and well and finding time to craft todaty!

Hugs,

10 comments:

  1. Really cute image and a lovely background.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous girly card with a great sentiment,thank you for joining in at MMM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure who’s the cutest! Has to be Eva, but your fairy is a colourful sparkly cute lass too xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very adorable little fairy. Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday this week

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet card and lovely pic of Eva doing a good job of retrieving. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can see why you had to have the cute fairy, you have made a glorious card with her. I would want to play with Eva too. :)
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute fairy - but an even more cute Eva - I wouldn’t resist those eyes either!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your rainbow fairy and it makes for a great CAS card! Your dog is beautiful! Always a pleasure to see you at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this fairy's shimmery rainbow outfit, and I love your gorgeous doggy too! Thanks for playing along with our rainbow challenge at Seize The Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)