Pages

Saturday 16 January 2021

Baby, it's cold outside!

Hello, crafting friends!

It's time for a new challenge at Addicted to CAS! Ceal is hosting this fortnight and she's chosen Snow as her code word. 


Snow usually makes me think of Christmas, even though it's quite rare to have a white Christmas here in the heart of England! But I think a snowflake motif also works well for sending heartwarming cards in the winter. 


I started this card with a retired die from the Stained Glass set by Stampin' Up. I cut it twice and attached it to a card base with spray glue. The banner is from Winnie & Walter's Sugar Rush which I stamped in green/blue ink and added the sentiment from Clearly Besotted's Warm Wishes. The snowflakes are from Dies By Chloe and the centres have been decorated with gems.


Now it's over to you! What comes to your mind when you hear the word snow? There's plenty of inspiration from the rest of the team at Addicted to CAS as well as a beauty from our talented guest designer Melanie. Click here to have a browse and to link up your own creation :)

CHALLENGES
I'm linking this card up with Happy Little Stampers' Anything Goes With Dies challenge and am also joining in with Cardz for Guyz where the theme is Let it Snow.


AND IN OTHER NEWS
Well we DID have snow last week, but only briefly. A little dusting on the ground when I took Eva out in the morning and a few of those tiny magical flakes that fall very slowly. By the time we got home, it had stopped and the snow on the ground had pretty much gone. Enough for me to sing 'Do you wanna build a snowman?' to the empty fields but not enough to actually build one!!

Sending hugs,

21 comments:

  1. How very elegant Vicky and how well the white on white shows up in your photo, not easy.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A stunning make Vicky, the design looks simple but on a closer look is made up of several gorgeous elements

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card ~ I always forget about spray glue! That's a great idea for the super thin dies. do you have a brand you like best? I'm glad you got to see some snow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a stunning card, Vicky.
    - Joy Dsouza

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that big die, and the center use of the card. This is wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a beautiful card Vicky. Love the die cut background and warming sentiment.

    Hyghug xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. How beautiful Vicky, the background die is beautiful with the snowflakes in the lovely chosen colour, I love the sentiment on this snowy card.

    Snow means to me a memory of my son being 18months old and seeing snow for the first time and pointing at each snowflake and sayin "wassat, wassat, wassat!" I have a lovely photo of him (somewhere) pointing. Just love comes from snow!
    Keep safe
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful stained glass window and card design Vicky.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these sweet little snowflakes and that die cut is a perfect place to put them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the frame and a really classy card.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a classy, elegant card with an ensemble of delicate die-cuts, Vicky! Love the simple, soothing color combo, and the fantastic layout!
    Hideko xx
    p.s. It was 30 degrees yesterday here in LA. I'll probably see snow only in blogland this winter. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Elegant!! Absolutely love the dies you used...and that white on white is awesome!! Thanks for playing along with our "let it snow" challenge over Cardz 4 Guyz!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card. I love the colors, the background die is awesome and perfect touch. The placement of the snowflakes is perfect. I love this card. thanks for sharing over at Cardz 4 Guyz.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so beautiful - I love the colours you have usedthey give a very chilly feel to your card - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. So pretty... and a great way to use the stained glass die xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such a pretty card, Vicky! I love your frame and those darling pale green snowflakes are the perfect touch! Barb xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a great CAS card! Love that die! I might still have that one and should use it again. Thank you for playing with us at Happy Little Stampers Die Challenge and hope you can come back soon.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so beautiful Vicky!!! Love that delicate window pane die and the colors as well. As for snow...none here in south Florida, USA. ha!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ooops...as an addendum....Thanks so much for playing along with the die challenge at Happy Little Stampers! xoxox Julie

    ReplyDelete
  20. Vicky, I think I forgot to tell you how much I love this card! The window pane die is really effective as a classy background.
    Hugs, Fran

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)