Pages

Friday 29 January 2021

Looking for flowers

Hello, crafting friends!

The sun was out today and my spirits soared as I watched Eva romping about on our walk and spotted all sorts of flowers and plants getting ready for spring. It inspired me to get a favourite floral stamp out and make a quick card this afternoon.


The stamp is a large one from Floral Focus by MFT and I find it is surprisingly versatile. Today I stamped it off the top of my card panel and again at the bottom, turning it at an angle for the second stamping so that it doesn't look like the same stamp. I coloured it with Spectrum Noir alcohol markers and added a heat embossed sentiment from Altenew's Birthday Greetings in the channel between the flowers. The panel was cut out with a stitched rectangle die from Heffy Doodle, matted onto coordinating card stock and attached to a card base.

EDITED TO ADD AN AWARD
I was so pleased that this card won a Librarian's Choice award at The Library Challenge!


CHALLENGES
The beautiful book cover at The Library Challenge was the starting point for this card so I'm linking up there; I'm also joining in with Stamping Sensations with one of my favourite floral stamps; and with Watercooler Wednesday, where Michelle is hosting the always popular Occasions challenge.


AND IN OTHER NEWS
There are snowdrops out everywhere on our woodland walks but this tiny clump was hiding behind a fence not far from where I live. The daffodils at the bottom of our road are looking hopeful too and I had to include the photo of those courageous little daisies! They made me chuckle.


There are always flowers for those who want to see them - Henri Matisse.

Sending hugs,

11 comments:

  1. So sweet ~ Love the snowdrops and the little daisies :) Your birthday blooms will make someone very happy ~ Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layout and stamping Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a really lovely stamp, a super design and great colours.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a very pretty creation Vicky, flowers always lift the spirit, thanks so much for sharing a 'Favourite Stamp' with us atStamping Sensations challenge.

    Thanks for sharing the Snowdrops, ours were popping their heads up a couple of weeks ago but alas no flowers as yet, I think maybe there's just too much water here, the paddocks and gardens have been flooded to varying degrees for best part of a fortnight now. And the hens will soon be able to swim as well as Jemima the duck who is in her element.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow . . . That's a pretty card. I thought you had used patterned paper when I first looked at it! Just gorgeous. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those flowers look just like the ones on the cover - really beautiful card. Thanks for joining The Library.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card Vicky. Great way to use that large stamp and beautiful colouring. Thanks for joining us at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week. Tristan DT.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful, Vicky!! I love the soft colours and great design you've used! Well done!! Thanks for joining us at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week. Take care! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vicky your card is so fresh and beautiful! Thanks for joining us at stamping Sensations this month.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Stamping Sensations, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This has been featured as a ‘Librarian’s Choice’. Thank you for sharing it at The Library.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)