Pages

Saturday 6 March 2021

Sunshine in the city

Hello, crafting friends!

The unexpected sunshine we had recently really raised everyone's spirits so I decided to use it as a motif on a thank you card I needed.


I reached for the Sunny Day stencil by Clearly Besotted and positioned it over a thick card base, masking off the sides so that it would create the illusion of a panel. After sponging yellow ink into it, I removed the masks. The cityscape is another stencil from Clearlyy Besotted called The Tale of Two Cities. It's a layering stencil - I clear embossed the windows, then positioned the corresponding buildings stencil over the top and sponged blue into it. I love the effect! 


I fussy cut my cityscape and glued it onto the sunshine background. To finish the card, I added a yellow tag with the word 'thank' stamped onto it and added a die cut 'you' that I coloured ombré style with blue alcohol markers. 

CHALLENGES
I haven't managed to play along at Colour Hues lately so I'm getting in early this time! The colour combo is Blue and Yellow -  always a spring favourite! I'm also joining in at the Allsorts challenge where Lynn wants to see Yellow on our creations, so I have obliged with plenty of sunshine! The theme at Addicted To Stamps and More is Dies and/or Stencils, so I shall link up there too.


AND IN OTHER NEWS
Eva has made a new friend, a little black dog with a curly tail called Coda. She is a 7 month old pup who was abandoned on the street in a cardboard box with her siblings when they were tiny (thankfully all have now found homes.) When we first met Coda she was terrified. She barked hysterically at us, telling us to keep our distance, and ran and hid in the hedges when we approached. Gradually though, over the last couple of months, she has realised that not only are we not a threat but that Eva is brilliant fun! The difference between shaking, barking, scared Coda and enthusiastic, running-to-greet-us and playing-with-Eva Coda makes me SO happy.


I don't have photos of the girls playing to show you yet but I can show you a photo of a young lady worn out from frolicking with her young friend!

Sending hugs,

19 comments:

  1. A Happy sunny card Vicky, great colour on the cityscape. Aw! a lovely story about Eva and her new friend.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A brilliant card Claire,I'm sure we are all looking forward to a City break

    ReplyDelete
  3. A super creation, love the sun rays and the sky line die.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a terrific thank you card. Very sunny downtown!

    Aww, just look at that angelic dog asleep on the settee. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful sunshine shining down on your cityscape, Vicky! A lovely, uplifting card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your sunny cityscape, and how your sentiments coordinate beautifully xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love your fab sunny card, Eva's a real cutie too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is indeed a ray of sunshine! So glad it not only made it's way on paper but out your window as well. Such a great card for our colors this time at Color Hues. I so enjoy my visits here and your pup adventures too! Thanks for playing Vicky and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your ray of sunshine, Vicky ! Beautiful contrast between the blue and the yellow. Love this combo too! It is exactly this kind of weather we had this weekend. As you say, it really raises our spirit, and hubby and I had a lovely walk during the afternoon in the countryside. Have a great week ! Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at Addicted to Stamps and More.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely sunny yellow, thank you for joining us at Allsorts, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. A very pretty sunny card for our 'Use Yellow' theme at Allsorts challenge this week, thanks so much for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just love this card! I have so many city scenes in stamp and die form and never thought to put sunrays over the top - it looks amazing. How lovely for Eva to have found Coda. Thanks for joining in with my use yellow challenge at Allsorts this week.
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can never get enough stories about Eva, and the photo says it all! Vicky, I'm so glad the sunshine inspired you to play along at Color Hues! Your card is fresh and hope-filled with the sunshine. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This card just pops in the Color Hues gallery! We can all use a ray of sunshine these days! The cityscape is perfect on top of those gorgeous rays. Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome card Vicky - I love those rays of sunshine across the cityscape.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful and sunny! Thank you for joining us this week at Allsorts Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  17. What an sunny and cheery design, Vicky and I love that the whole card is stenciled! Eva is obviously pooped after her playdate lol!
    Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM and I hope you will join us again soon.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just perfect... like all your cards!
    Thank you so much for joining us at Color Hues Vicky !

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)