Pages

Friday 7 May 2021

If you go down to the woods today...

Hello, crafting friends!

What's your favourite flower? I've been pondering that question all week and have come to the conclusion that it depends on the time of the year and my mood! I just love all flowers. I'm paying tribute to the bluebell today because I just happen to have been walking up in the woods again and seriously, is there anything more magnificent than a carpet of bluebells stretching as far as the eye can see and scenting the air with sweetness?


I started this card by painting some blocks of blue onto a panel and, when it was dry, stamping the bluebell image from Clearly Besotted's Fresh Flowers over them.


The bluebell was coloured with coloured pencils  and I added some splatters of diluted ink before trimming the panel with a stitched rectangle die from Heffy Doodle.


To finish, I stamped a sentiment from Concord & 9th's Beautiful Branches and added a sprinkling of sequins, following the curve of the flower. The panel was matted onto dark blue card stock and attached to a card base.

CHALLENGES
The inspirations for this card were Amy's sketch at Freshly Made Sketches, the Periwinkly colour theme at The Rainbow Challenge and of course the Use Your Favourite Flower challenge at The Flower Challenge.


AND IN OTHER NEWS
I'm practically living in my local bluebell woods...


... well wouldn't you?! The contrast between the flowers and the lime green of the new beech leaves is breathtaking.

Sending hugs,

18 comments:

  1. You used beautiful shades of blue for this gorgeous card love the background and the stamped image

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really, really wonderful! Totally breathtaking!
    Wishing you a wonderful weekend!

    Hugs,
    Conny

    ReplyDelete
  3. How strange I only just spotted the bluebells in our garden today. A really great image and CAS creation.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  4. These colors are so beautiful! I love how you've given the bluebell such vibrancy against the soft blocks of blue. A beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely Breathtaking wild blue bells in the beautiful forest, Vicky. TFS your photo and the photo of your beautiful blue bell CAS card design. Loved your 3 watercolored panels background and the font on your beautiful sentiment too. TFS my friend. Love and Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card and fabulous photo Vicky! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving your pretty bluebell card.

    You've captured the bluebell woods and fresh foliage so well in your photo. I tried yesterday . . . but without such good results. In real life it looked like a low lying blue mist around the bottom of the trees in the ancient woodland I visited yesterday.

    Happy Saturday.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH! how very, very Beautiful Vicky, a lovely design, those strips of blue show up the bluebell so well, with the sequins and splatters just gorgeous.
    I love bluebells they conjure up walks with my Grampa. I passed some yesterday and the perfume was so strong, I had to just stand and sniff. hahaha
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can only imagine this, Vicky - but you've been so kind to share your gorgeous surroundings, and gorgeous pencil-colored bluebells with us at The Flower Challenge! Thank you, for both! What a fabulous design!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  10. Vicky, your card gave me all kinds of smiles for the 3 years I spent in TX. The bluebells are just gorgeous and your card and photo showed them off so well. I can just imagine walking in the woods like that... lovely card!!!
    Thanks for coming by to show off your creation at the Rainbow Card Challenge. I am delighted you did. Please join us again next month for our June challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beautiful - I love those blues! A walking friend of mine discovered a new-to-us bluebell wood last week so if the weather holds I'm hoping to investigate this week - fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your beautiful card Vicky! I am also a bluebell lover too (pics on my blog of our garden). Our garden is covered in blue bells and various tree blossom atm. and smells divine. Thanks for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge' ;) Viv DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card Vicky ! You're totally right, a carpet of bluebells in the woods is absolutely magnificent. I took the same picture some weeks ago while we were walking with some friends. Love your fabulous CAS design for these beautiful bluebells. As usual, amazing colouring too ! Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at the Rainbow Card Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a gorgeous card! I like the three painted blocks of blue as a background for your lovely bluebells. Great clean and simple card. Thanks for joining us at Rainbow Card Challenge.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is just beautiful! And so is your view! Thank you for joining us at the Rainbow Card Challenge! Hugs! Katy DT :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's so pretty, Vicky! Thanks for joining us this month at TRCC and I we see you again soon!
    Hugs,
    Em,
    DT Co-Ordinator

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm not sure how I missed this, but it's definitely worth the wait... so pretty xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card, Vicky! I love the CAS design and the coloring is great. Great to see you in the Rainbow Challenge gallery. Hope to see you again soon! Nandini, DT

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)