Pages

Thursday 12 August 2021

Dies for a friend

Hello, crafting friends!

Welcome to the latest challenge at Tic Tac Toe Challenge! I can proudly say that now, because today is my first post as a member of the design team :) This is a weekly challenge which gives you loads of ideas for your cards via a tic tac toe board. There are two design teams that take it in turns to inspire you and I can't wait to see you join in!

Here's the board for this week:


See what I mean about such good ideas! I've chosen the first column - Red/Die-Cut/Friendship.


This card is all about the dies! I started by cutting flowers and leaves from red and green card stock. These were arranged on a panel cut with one of Spellspinders' Hemstitch nesting dies and I mounted that onto a panel of red before attaching to my card base. I love the way the red shows through the hemstitch effect!


Before glueing the larger flowers in place, I used coloured pencils to add a little shading to them and the tiny starry flowers were centred with clear gems. The card was finished with a sentiment from Perfect Sentiments by Pinkfresh Studio.

So now it's your turn! Do hop over to the Tic Tac Toe Challenge site to drool over the fabulous inspiration there. You'll find the Linky Tool there too so that you can link up your own creation. Have fun!

CHALLENGES
I'm playing along at Happy Little Stampers Die Challenge where Anything Goes With Dies; also The Flower Challenge where the challenge is to Use |A Die (with the added option of making a slimline card); also Color My Heart Color Dare #456 where they want to see Complementary Colours (ie opposite one another on the colour wheel - I chose red and green.)


AND IN OTHER NEWS
Isn't it funny how red and green can look so summery and yet they're the go-to festive colours for many of us. Other colours can feel different depending on context: Blue can be icy but is also the colour of a summer sky; brown is often thought of as boring but is the colour of rich soil, delicious chocolate or coffee, the shiny coat of a dog or a horse. Can you think of more?

Sending hugs,

6 comments:

  1. Such striking use of colours and die Vicky and congrats on the new DT spot.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vicky, Welcome to the team so happy you will be designing with us. Such a beautiful design. Ink & Paper Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your new DT spot,you started with a wonderful card,love the colours and diecuts, a fabulous make

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely card. Nice idea to colour your die cuts - must remember that one! Many congrats on your new DT position.

    Hug xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving all this red, Vicky! Red and green are not just for Christmas! Congratulations on becoming a member of another Design Team!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Vicky on your new Design Team Gig:-) Love how you used Christmas colors for your friendship card. Wonderful design and friendly card, my friend. TFS Love and Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)