Pages

Monday 27 September 2021

Special snowflakes

Hello, crafting friends!

I made this card on the 25th of the month when my thoughts turned to other 25ths of the month! It seems impossible to imagine short, dark days and freezing temperatures while it's still warm and sunny outside but they're definitely coming! 


The background was made by masking off parts of a card base, to make an offset panel, and stencilling snowflakes into it with the Snow Flurryy stencil by Funky Fossil. I embellished the flakes with silver Liquid Pearls and left it to dry.


Meanwhile I die cut some snowflakes from dark green-blue card stock as well as a cheery red sentiment. These were arranged on the background and clear gems added to the centres of the snowflakes.

CHALLENGES
I'm linking this card up with Jingle Belles where they theme is Snow; I'm also joining in at Happy Little Stampers Christmas challenge where it's Anything Goes with optional Non-Traditional;  and I'm playing along with Merry Little Christmas where Anything Goes; and Rudolph Day where we must share a Christmas card between 25th and the end of each month.


AND IN OTHER NEWS
I enjoyed making a snowy scene but if I'm honest I would love to stave off the first frosts for a little while. The only ice I want to see at the moment is in a glass of G&T!!

Sending hugs

17 comments:

  1. Wonderful Christmas card, Vicky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colours in both the stencilled and diecut snowflakes the bold red sentiment looks stunninh

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! I really need to up my stenciling game!!! Such a pretty background!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a festive snowflake card, Vicky! I love the way the die cut snowflakes pick up your sweet background theme! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Vicky,
    Happy Rudolf Days.
    What a brilliant make and such a very lovely design too.
    Love all the wonderful colour snowflakes and the little silver dots look fab.
    Thank you for joining the Rudolf Challenge.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty Vicky - the addition of the liquid pearls really elevates the snowflake panel. Love the pop of red too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this festive snow flurry of a card. Cheers!

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really really pretty. I like how you left white to frame the snowflakes--brings my eye to that panel. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this! simple! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These snowflakes are special indeed, Vicky! Love the mint color with the darker die cut snowflakes and that lovely pop of red!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loce your gorgeous snowflakes Vicky. Thanks for joining in the fun at Rudolph Days this month.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a cool effect with the masking ... love those colors for snowflakes ... so very glad you joined our SNOW-y fun at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous Christmas card. I like how you've offset the main focal panel on your card base and I love the shine of the liquid pearls and clear gems. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers ~ Christmas Challenge.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete
  14. so beautiful and elegant! i love the bold sentiment in contrast with the sweet snowflakes! so pleased you could have SNOW much fun with us at JINGLE BELLES!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)