Pages

Tuesday 14 September 2021

Upside down dog

Hello, crafting friends!

Welcome to another Tuesday and another fun challenge at CAS Colours and Sketches. This week is sketch week and this month's hostess Jenny has come up with a slimline design to get your creative juices flowing.


I must confess, the slimline format is not one I've particularly embraced but I have a new stamp set with horizontal images which I thought would work well for a long card.


This adorable pup is from Doggone Sweet by Penny Black which I fell in love with the minute I saw the upside down retriever! I recently guested at the very last Twofer challenge where the theme was Dogs/Cats and I'm afraid I was very much inspired by many of the dog stamps on display!!


I made a background for my little upside down dog by masking off the top of the card and sponging grey ink below it, then removed the mask and used Clearly Besotted's Tear Away stencil and some blue ink to create a puffy clouded sky above.


The pup was stamped in yellow ink, coloured with alcohol markers and coloured pencils, fussy cut and glued to the background. I finished it with an MFT sentiment which fitted neatly around the dog's ear. 

So now it's your turn! Do hop over to the CAS Colours and Sketches website to see all the gorgeous samples the design team has made to inspire you. You'll find the Linky Tool there too so that you can share your own creation. Have fun!

EDITED TO ADD AN AWARD
Delighted to be a top 3 winner at Cardz 4 Guyz with this card!


CHALLENGES
I used the colour palette at Cards 4 Guyz for this card. It was actually made for a dog-loving female friend who recently had a fall (I thought the upside down dog might raise a smile!) but it could perfectly well be used as a masculine card. I'm also sharing at the NBUS challenge where Darnell wants to see our Never Before Used Schtuff!


AND IN OTHER NEWS
This is a rare photo of Eva with a ball:


She is not a dog that likes people to throw a ball for her to retrieve and is inclined to give you a 'go and get it yourself' kind of look if you try. She prefers to retrieve shoes and garments from around the house, cuttings I've put in a compost bag in the garden, or tissues. There are balls in her toy basket though and sometimes I ask her to get one so that I can reward her with a treat. She can differentiate between Ball, Sock, Fish and Squeaky, although sometimes she thinks it's quicker to just try them all at once!!

Sending hugs,

13 comments:

  1. You have such a creative style,love this pup and your layout,he's perfect with the sentiment,poor Eva looks a bit fed up and not at all I interested in her ball

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Vicki and I am not surprised this was a stamp that you 'needed'!
    Fab Eva pic - I really want a cuddle! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a perfect fun card for someone after a fall Vicky, beautifully coloured and masked, I LOVE it.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this stamp and your card. The addition of sky and grounding is such a simple thing, but it just makes this card perfect and is something I'll keep in mind. I also like the dog is stamped in yellow ink so it looks so much more natural than when stamped in gray or black ink. Appreciate your talent and love the comments about your own sweet pooch. Cheers. Penny

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this stamp set, reminds me so much of my two ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you create such super backgrounds for your focal points - and make them sound so easy!!! Awesome card with a golden retriever on the front . . . Fabulous!

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is the funniest implementation of a sketch I've seen so far!!! Splendid!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic take on the sketch! Your dog is adorable and the background so subtle and perfect! Your real pup is cute too:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What's more adorable than one dog? Well, it has to be two! Love this fun card which could definitely be Eva, with the exception of the ball it seems! My BIL has a cavapoo who is ball-mad - just one sniff and he's off!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this...adoable!! Your coloring is perfection!! Thanks for playing along with our "blue, yellow & gray" challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Darling card! Love how you did the background! Eva is a beauty--love her face! Fritz has no interest in balls, but a previous Schnauzer we had absolutely LOVED balls! He didn't care how small or how big it was or who had it--he wanted it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it - beautifully coloured.

    Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a cute slimline card! You did a great job using your golden as inspiration. Thanks so much for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz. Hope to see you again! XX Sue

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)