Pages

Sunday 16 January 2022

Getting well with feathers

Hello, crafting friends!
 
I really do seem to have the blues at the moment... no, not feeling depressed at all but definitely attracted to shades of blue!
 

Here, the beautiful sentiment, from the Colorado Co's Big and Bold Get Well, was stamped directly onto a thick card base using Stampin' Up's Smoky Slate ink. I stamped the feather from the new-to-me stamp Strength by Altenew, using the same ink and varying the position of the feather each time.


The feathers were painted with Stampin' Up's Balmy Blue using the loose watercolour technique - that is deliberately painting over the lines. I tried to swirl the watered down ink off the images to emphasise the feathery shape. Once the ink had dried, I added depth and detail with coloured pencils and a white Posca acrylic paint pen.
 

The card was finished with a simple cord and tassel made with coordinating bakers twine.

CHALLENGES
I'm linking up with CAS Mix Up where Jenny has chosen the inspiring theme of Loose Watercolour this month; also CAS on Friday where the theme is Feel Better - and it's always great to have some of these cards in your stash! I'm also joining in with The Sisterhood of Crafters where the theme is The Color Blue and with Darnell's NBUS Challenge where we go to share our Never Before Used Schtuff - that feather is new and I love it!
 

AND IN OTHER NEWS
My daughter has sent me info about an online word game called Wordle in which you have to guess a five letter word in six guesses. It's brilliant! Each day a new game is posted and it only takes 5 to 10 minutes so is a great thing to do in a short break. I love that it was created by a guy called Josh Wardle for his girlfriend who loves word puzzles, and it is absolutely free! Do check it out and let me know how you get on!

Sending hugs,

17 comments:

  1. A beautiful bold sentiment and gorgeous stamped feathers in gorgeous blues

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Vic this is just awesome! LOVE your design ... sure to lift someone's spirits!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    P.S. Are you aware of the new color challenge that began just this month? It’s called COLORFUL OPTIONS CHALLENGE and the January color is BLUE … I hope you’ll come share this beauty with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely CAS card with the pretty feathers and fab sentiment.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your CAS blue feathers that look like they are floating down the paper. Wonderful bold sentiment with the added Bakers Twine. TFS your card and word game..have not checked it out..yet! Love and Hugs..and so pleased you joined us at CAS Mix Up, Vicky.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful feather image and looks amazing finished with the Loose water colouring technique.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is a real knack to creating CAS cards and you most definitely have it Vicky.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card has such a lovely flow to it. The feather falling in this way. I like the loose water colouring but can not do this myself. I spotted the touches of white straight away-they add the perfect touch. I am useless at word puzzles!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just beautiful. I like ist very much how the color flows out over the subject.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card with one of my favorite colors xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. The feathers look great in this loose watercolour technique. Lovely card. Thank you for joining us at CAS on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What beautiful feathers, Vicky! I love the feeling of movement you've achieved and that pretty blue! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is beautiful. I like the CAS style of your card.
    Lia DT TSOC

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the font and style of feather on your card and the loose colouring is a triumph. Thanks for the Wordle tip too - love a good word game and having tried it yesterday, it's harder than it looks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I’m loving your blue cards, I shall now think of you as a sugared almond! Off to find wordle now…..xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Brilliant idea to use feathers Vicky, because your loose watercolouring creates a great sense of movement. Thanks so much for joining the fun at CAS Mix Up:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the delicate falling feathers, Vicky - what cheer this card will bring someone trying to get well.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)