Pages

Friday 28 January 2022

Flowers in uplifting colours

Hello, crafting friends!
 
It's been bright and sunny here in the heart of England and I'm seeing the leaves of bulbs pushing up out of the earth everywhere. It's hard not to feel optimistic for the spring even though it's still only January! All this inspired me to get some floral stamps out and play with some of my favourite colours :)


I bought a stamp set called So Much from Uniko last yyear and I'm so glad I did as it's a really hard worker. I love the stylised flowers which can be used in all sorts of ways and the set includes some useful sentiments too. For this simple one layer card I used a neutral ink to stamp the large floral, masking off bits with a sticky note and stamping again to make the spray larger as well as using the single flower in the set.


The final image was coloured with shades of orange and green coloured pencils, and I added detail with a Posca white acrylic paint pen.
 

To finish the card, I stamped the Happy Birthday sentiment from Uniko's Simply Said Blocks onto a scrap of card, snipped it out and trimmed one end into a flag before attaching to the card front.

CHALLENGES
I'm linking this card up at AAA Birthday where the challenge is to make a birthday card using our favourite colours - mine are orange and green. I'm also joining in at Perfectly CAS where the theme is Flowers using up to 1/3rd of the card front.
 

AND IN OTHER NEWS
So it's Friday and I'm planning a wild and crazy weekend walking in the countryside with Eva, followed by some extreme crafting and a possible movie night on Saturday evening! I know, I know - I really should stop living this dangerously!! Anyone have any movie recommendations? We're not so keen on thrillers or scary films but anything else considered :)

Sending hugs,

14 comments:

  1. We have a really dull day with snow forecast for Sunday and Monday,the beautiful sunny colours on your card really cheered me up.Love the layout

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the flow of this card Vicky and like how you stamped in a neutral colour first. Never tried this before. And wonderfully coloured in your fav colours. We watched 'Royal Treatment' on Netflix...not your normal girl meets Prince movie, much more fun. And wow you have lots of mojo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH how pretty Vicky ... love it!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Perfectly CAS challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    PERFECTLY CAS
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely spray of springlike flowers. Very pretty indeed.

    Hope you enjoyed movie night, whatever film you chose in the end!!!

    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning use of the Uniko stamp and your colours look beautiful. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a stunning and elegant card Vicky, love the orange. Hope your busy weekend turns out as you wanted.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty Vicky - and the orange blooms are really uplifting - it will soon be spring! I'm probably late with my film recommendation, but I watched 'King Richard' last weekend (the one about the Williams sisters and their rise to tennis stardom) and I really loved it! Richard was such a dedicated parent!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty flowers, Vicky! I love the depth of color you've gotten with the colored pencils!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the CAS look of your card and your color combo is lovely! Thanks for joining our AAA Birthday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful CAS birthday card! Thank you for sharing your beautiful creation at AAA Birthday! Stay safe and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are most certainly the Queen of Colored Pencils! This is gorgeous and I'm so happy to see it in our gallery. Thanks for playing with us at PCAS Vicky!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! Your card is a great perfect CAS! I love the flower sprig at the top of the card, I love beautiful flowers, so nicely colored with crayons. Even a sentimental banner finishes the card perfectly. Great CAS card, Vicki.
    hugs,
    BożenA

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello lovely lady, and hello spring ! your card filled me with joy beautiful stamping and colours dangling from the top of the card an absolute delight. Sounds like your weekend was super exciting hope you got to watch something interesting. I also don't like anything scary or thrillers which seem to be the main focus these days. If you did see anything worth watching let me know.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)