Pages

Wednesday 26 January 2022

Not just merry but also bright

Hello, crafting friends!
 
We all love those frosty winter days with bright blue skies don't we but not so much the grim grey ones we've had for the last couple of days here in the heart of England. I thought a nice bright Christmas card might cheer us all up!


To make this card I sponged a card panel with splodges of bright colours and trimmed it to size with a Crimped Frame die from the Greetery. 


Next I scribbled on some scrap card using bright alcohol marker pens and cut Christmas lights out of them with a long-ago-retired mini punch from Stampin' Up. After adding black tops to the lights, I arranged them over the corresponding colours on my background panel and doodled in the wires with a black fineliner pen.


To finish, I glued the lights in place and heat embossed a red sentiment from Uniko's Simply Said Blocks. The panel was then mounted onto a piece of red card and attached to a card base.

CHALLENGES
I was inspired by Jo's Rainbow Christmas theme at Christmas Kickstart so I'm joining in there; I'm also linking up with Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge where Anything Christmas Goes; the ABC Christmas Challenge where A is for Any Christmas Goes and B is for Baubles; and the Rudolph Day Challenge where Anything Christmas Goes.
 

AND IN OTHER NEWS
We used to have coloured Christmas lights like these when I was a child and I loved the shape of the bulbs and how colourful they were. Every year they had to be brought out and tested with to see which bulbs had blown because if one blew, the whole string wouldn't work. I never knew how it worked - it was just one of those mysteries of Christmas. These days I have a string of clear lights that I've had for years and which work every time! I suppose that's progress.

Sending hugs,

17 comments:

  1. The rainbow colours are gorgeous in both the background and lights, a beautiful card

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh - that’s really merry and bright - I love it. Very festive indeed.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card! The colors are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is lovely, Vicky, and I love how you've also created the glow around each light. Coloured bulbs are still in fashion for us and each year my hubby untangles them and hunts out the broken ones! Thanks for playing at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful card Vicky, I love the string of lights you've made. Thank you for joining in the fun at Rudolph Days this month.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is soooo clever Vicky! I love how you placed the bulbs in the right glow, and added the little details like the tops and highlights, so very effective, lovely and bright! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is gorgeous- love how you've matched the die cut lights to the corresponding colours in the background to create the 'glow'- it's very effective and a brilliant idea.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Vicky,
    Happy Rudolf Days.
    Your card looks wonderful and very bright and cheerful too.
    Love the colurs you have acheived on the background and those light bulbs are a gorgeous touch.
    Yes I remember those Christmas days of testing all the bulbs if you didn't it would blow the whole lot.
    Now the lights are so much smaller and last longer.
    Thank you for joining the Rudolf Challenge.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definitely bright and oh so merry! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that sponged background! Thanks for sharing at Happy Little Stampers Christmas challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This card is amazing!!!! I love how you reused the colors of the lights in the background!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning bright and cheery card Vicky, love the colour mix and your pretty lights that are glowing.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  13. So merry and bright - just the cheery card for a cold and drab winter's day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this! What a great design.

    Thanks for joining us at the Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card!
    Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)