Pages

Sunday 21 August 2022

Tigers and roses

Hello, crafting friends!
 
The band Guns and Roses really missed a trick I think... Tigers and Roses has a much nicer ring to it! Well perhaps not - as you were then. Anyway, I had a little idea today and snatched a minute to see how it would look. Come and see:
 

I spotted a little bundle of Altenew promotional goodies on ebay the other day and it was such a bargain, and contained the kind of layering die I've been wanting to try, so I couldn't resist. One of the other items was a rose layering stamp and die set and I gave the stamps a go here.
 

I stamped the red ink off to create the paler base layer of my rose then added darker detail layers - quite a fun look I thought. I created a mask with a sticky note and covered up the rose so I could add a few of the layered leaf.
 

The idea I'd had was to use a tiger print stencil from Uniko to create a sort of flowing background for a floral. I do love the movement it gives to what felt like quite a static image. I finished the card off with a blocky sentiment, also from Uniko.

CHALLENGES
Allsorts has a theme of Anything Goes with optional Roses (and I think I'm going to be a regular visitor over the next fortnight!!); I'm also linking up at Less is More where it's a One Layer Challenge and they team want to see Favourite Flowers; I used the colour palette from Color My Heart Color Dare's change 510, choosing Sapphire/Pine/Candy Apple; the stencil and the rose stamp are getting their first airing so I'm also sharing at Darnell's NBUS (Never Before Used Schtuff) challenge.


AND IN OTHER NEWS
My young canine boarder is obsessed with Eva and copies everything she does. She is a bit nervous of water though and just watches Eva swimming from the river bank. But yesterday she stepped on a bit of what she thought was bank but turned out to be just reeds... and FELL IN!!
 

It wasn't a problem as I was right there to haul her out - but... it turned out that she didn't want to be hauled out! After the first shock she started swimming and obviously loved it. She does prefer not to go out of her depth now but has turned into a fully fledged water baby!

Sending hugs,

19 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Vicky. Lovely combination of floral and animal print. Thanks for playing along with Color My Heart Color Dare. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent job layering the pretty rose. Thank you for joining the challenge at Allsorts and using the optional theme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another beautiful rose card Vicky - gorgeous layering die and stamp. Thanks so much for joining us at this week's Allsorts challenge.
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card, the rose is beautiful and so is the "wave" background, Stunning as always Vicky. Love those doggies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another beautiful card with a rose.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another beautifully stylish Rose card Vicky, many thanks for sharing a second creation with us at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely colour combo and fab stamping and stencilling. A terrific OLC.

    Glad to hear the boarder’s water incident turned out well. Bet she’s a bit more careful where she treads now!!!!

    Happy Monday xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. The owner will be so pleased to know you are not only a dog boarder, but a dog swim teacher, as well, Vicky! It must be so entertaining to watch the two of them together. I assume they nap after their outing so you can get beautiful cards like this made! Love your rose coloring and great choice of stencil to create movement in the background. To me it looks like some very creative photography through the window blinds! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful layered stamped and die cut rose and stenciled background, Vicky:-) TFS Loved the sweet photo of Eva and her friend who finally has become a water baby:-) Love your stories. my friend. Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's gorgeous, Vicky. I love your tiger background!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous rose card and love the flowing background, very clever. How lovely that Eva taught the little one to swim ;) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card, and I love seeing the doggies 😍

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous and beautiful card. Thank you for sharing at Allsorts.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful design. Love the rose - the colours are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So pretty! I love your flower and background pattern. Wonderful card. Thanks for sharing at Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super OLC with the layering stamps really adding depth along side your use of the stencil for the background. Great stuff! Thanks for joining in the fun at Less is More.

    Neil

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card. The rose is fabulous and the stencilling makes a perfect background. Thank you for sharing your card over in the NBUS Challenge this month.
    Liz - Guest Designer xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very pretty card! Thanks for sharing at Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous card so beautifully coloued I really do love a good stencil.The striped stencil really does give such great movement behind the rose.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)