Pages

Thursday 22 September 2022

Hello Rose

Hello, crafting friends!
 
It's a Tic Tac Toe challenge day today and I am the board maker this week! I've tried to give you loads of inspiration options so do come and play with us :)
 

I've gone with the diagonal from bottom left: Foliage/Any Sentiment/Flowers because I really wanted to try out an Altenew layering die set that came in a bargain bundle I found!
 

To make a background for the rose, I positioned Uniko's Natures Treasure mask over a card base then masked off a margin top and bottom. Blue ink was sponged to a fade and then the stencil part of Natures Treasure was used to colour the leaves.
 

I  die cut the rose and leaf layers from white card and coloured the resulting shapes with inks. I used the same ink for all three layers of the rose but varied the pressure for each, creating quite subtle changes in colour and some texture on the base layer courtesy of my sponge! I used the same technique on the leaves before adhering the layers together. To finish the card I arranged the rose and leaves over my background and embellished with a few sequins.
 

The beautiful swirly sentiment is from the Arched Sentiments stamp and die set by The Greetery - I couldn't resist! 
 

This card was made with snippets from my overflowing white card box. It always feels great to use some of it up :)
 
Okay, it's your turn to take the Tic Tac Toe Challenge! Which row or column will you choose? Or will you opt for one of the diagonals? Do hop over to the challenge site where yyou will find loads of inspiration from my team mates and our special guest designer Karen! You'll find the Linky Tool at the bottom of the post and can use it to link up your own creation. Have fun!

CHALLENGES
I'm linking this card up at Happy Little Stampers Die challenge where Anything Goes; It's also my homework for The Snippets Playground so I'll be hopping over there; also Just Add Ink where I've chosen Masking and Foliage from the Just Choose Two menu.


AND IN OTHER NEWS
Eva has a new bestie! To my great joy, I have been asked to walk a beautiful three year old Golden Retriever who, I was warned, was 'a little wild.' Her behaviour turned out to be angelic compared to Eva's at that age, so I said I'd be happy to walk her as long as the owner didn't mind if she returned a bit tired, wet and bedraggled. The deal was struck and I introduced the golden girls with great success.
 

So now while Eva teaches Luly to swim and to engage in shockingly unladylike behaviour, I get to laugh at their antics, pick the burs and seeds out of their fur and towel them down afterwards. Result!

Sending hugs,

8 comments:

  1. A beautiful diecut,set against a fabulous background,a card suitable for so many occasions,Eva and Lulu will keep you fully occupied

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how lovely - not one, but TWO golden girls. Smashing!

    Adore your very pretty homework for the Snippets Playground. Lovely bloom and utterly fabulous sentiment (runs off to check Seven Hills site).

    Thanks for sharing your flask of hot chocolate with me. Yummy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully done Vicky! Love the simplicity of the design and gorgeous colours! Thanks for sharing at Just Add Ink. xx Nikki Spencer-JAI design team.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful card Vicky. I love the touch of the purple sequins to echo the colour of that gorgeous die-cut flower. Thanks so much for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful!!! And I also love this ornate text. Because you punched it out, it gets something very plastic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is beautiful Vicky. Before I read which line you'd used, I thought it was the top as it fits that one too! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Vicky! And what fun for Eva and her new friend - and yoeryu too it seems!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shows how long since my last visit, 3 in a row :) love your card, adore the picture, double trouble! Xxx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)