Pages

Tuesday 27 September 2022

Star of wonder

Hello, crafting friends!
 
I looked at the calendar today and realised that it was the 27th of September already and I hadn't made my usual Christmas card on the 25th! I do this each month to help get a good stash together ready for posting out at the end of November. Anyone that knows me is probably sniggering at this so moving swiftly on...!
 

Here's this month's effort: On an offcut of navy card, I stamped a skyline of houses and trees with versamark ink and heat embossed in white. The stamp is an old magazine freebie. I used white acrylic paint to create a snowy foreground under the skyline, then diluted the paint, daubed in a shadow behind the trees and buildings, then splattered above them with ink to create a snowy/starry sky. 
 

When my scene was dry, I used a handheld punch to punch a 'star' in the sky, then mounted the panel onto a slightly larger piece of silver card. I finished the card with a die cut sentiment from Hobbycraft, trimmed and glued to the corner, before attaching the scene to the front of a 4" square card base.
 

CHALLENGES
I'm linking this card up at Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge where Anything Goes with the option of using Metallics; also Retro Rubber where I've chosen the bottom row of the Tic Tac Toe board Stars/Die Cut or Punch/Blue - don't know how old the stamp is but Ancient probably covers it!! I'm also joining in at ABC Christmas where S is for Snow and T is for Trees and I've incorporated both on my card! And last but not least I'm entering the Rudolph Day challenge - create a Christmas card each month, and link up between 25th and the end of the month.
 

AND IN OTHER NEWS
I was SO proud of my Eva this week. We were walking in the fields behind our house and were startled by a deer leaping out in front of us. Eva's eyes were on stalks of course and she immediately gave chase. The deer squeezed through a tiny gap in the hedge and shot across the road (not a main one but busy enough.) My heart was in my mouth but I gave our emergency recall command 'Eva, STOP!!!' and guess what? She did. She remembered that command that we practised over and over again when she was a puppy but that I confess we have not used in training for a long time. So, so proud of my girl and gave her chicken jelly later!


Here she is gazing adoringly at me (but only because I am The Mistress of the Chicken Jelly!)

Sending hugs,

14 comments:

  1. Hi Vicky.
    Happy Rudolf Days.
    What a very wonderful winters scene on your beautiful card.
    It looks so serene and peaceful too.
    Love the white heat embossing it finshes off the scene wonderfully.
    Thank you for joining the Rudolf Challenge.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. So gorgeous, Vicky - you've made a stunning scene! Love all your details and mediums - perfect! Thanks so much for playing at Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous scene you've created...it definitely looks like a snowy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful peaceful snowy scene with a wonderful pop of red from the sentiment.Well done to Eva for remembering the recall command.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Phew, that was a scary story! How clever is Eva and you for your quick thinking! Love your card, how you used the paint, and how clever to punch out a star! Please May I use that idea?!
    If I remember of course ;) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely Christmas card Vicky. Loved reading the process too.
    WHAT a good girl Eva was to remember her training and obey it. Just shows that good training pays off - especially in an emergency. Well done both of you. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a stunning scene you've created Vicky, I love it. Thank you for joining in the fun at Rudolph Days this month.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. ta carte est magnifique Vicky, paisible et très belle, merci de jouer avec nous chez ABC Christmas Card, biz

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty with the row of houses! Thanks for sharing with us at HLS - Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow your card is stunning and you created a really winter wonderland.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your red sentiment is a beautiful pop of color for that gorgeous snowy scene.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow ! What a fabulous card so atmospheric and I love the bold red sentiment it really pops against the background. You must have been so scared when Eva gave chase but obviously you are a good teacher for her to stop when she was so excited well done to you both.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  13. I start making my Christmas cards from 1st August each year, with a view to mailing out no later than 5th December. I was done in record time this year, so I applaud your planning. Gorgeous card, I love the colours of the scene and the pop of the big joy. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber this time. Claire DT

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)