Pages

Thursday 23 February 2023

Pastel recovery

Hello, crafting friends!
 
Welcome to another Thursday full of Tic Tac Toe Challenge fun! I fell head over heels with the board Felicita created this week:
 
 
Spring - yay! I couldn't wait to crack open those pastel inks so I opted for the middle column Bold Sentiment/Free/Pastel Colours and made a get well card.
 

I used a Uniko stamp set called Just Because which features a fabulous silhouette plant. Using a stamping platform to get good ink coverage of the solid image, I stamped the image all over a card base. I used pastel inks and varied the position and angle and colour each time I stamped.
 

Over the top of the card base I created a dimensional sentiment layer using stitched circle and stitched rectangle dies. I stamped the top layer with Uniko's Pinstripe background stamp and added a bold sentiment from The Colorado Company. I finished with different sizes of lovely shiny enamel dots - my favourite embellishments!
 

Okay, so now it's your turn! Which colomn or row will you choose from the board? Or will you opt for one of the diagonals? Do hop over to the Tic Tac Toe challenge blog and check out the inspiration from the design team. You'll find the Linky Tool at the bottom of the post and can use it to share your own creation with us. We can't wait to see how you were inspired!

CHALLENGES
I'm linking this card up at Allsorts where I've taken the Anything Goes option; also Little Red Wagon where Chrissy wants to see us use our die cuts - my sentiment uses a rectangle and a circle die.


AND IN OTHER NEWS
It was so much fun to use spring colours on today's project and I'm enjoying seeing the bulbs coming into flower in the garden. It's still pretty chilly though and while I tend to tuck a throw over my knees if I'm sitting for a while, the pups have a much better way to stay warm!
 

Nothing like a rousing game of tug for raising the temperatures! Poor old Lion Friend has seen better days but they seem to prefer the old toys for tug (thank goodness!)

Sending hugs,

9 comments:

  1. Love your beautiful floral pastel background Vicky perfect with the bold sentiment.The pot lion is certainly being well tugged

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vicky... I love the softness of this card... and the sentiment tag is priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very pretty pastel card, and a delightful daffodil ,one too. They are starting to bloom everywhere thank goodness! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The chosen colors put you in a good mood and go perfectly with a cheer card.
    PS: The poor little lion!!! But yeah, a rousing games are always so fun. I like to play them with Kaito in the forest and with a stick.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely floral springtime card with that gorgeous sentiment font. Sigh - more font envy!!!!! LOL! 😊

    Eva looks like she’s having fun with lion friend and dog friend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great way to use those silhouette flower stamps, Vicky! Love these spring colors and the pretty font on the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful way to use the Uniko stamp - it looks so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the soft pastels you chose for your background Vicky and the detail around the sentiment with the stripes and enamel dots is perfect! The pups are so cute too!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)