Pages

Tuesday 15 August 2023

Envelope embellishments

Hello, crafting friends!
 
This morning, I was opening mail (just bills and promotional material I'm afraid!) when my eye was caught by the inside of one of the envelopes... and my craft switch was triggered! I immediately flew off to my designer paper drawer and rummaged around for some more snippets to go with the envelope.
 

Here's what I did with them: The green dotty piece was glued to a card base and the excess trimmed away. I cut the envelope into circles with punches and reached into the white snippets folder and cut matching circles to mount the flimsy paper onto. The flowery paper was a favourite back in the day and has been hoarded forever! I had cut some of the roses out of it for another project but today I was interested in the blue flowers.
 

After fussy cutting the flowers, I glued them on my envelope paper circles, ready to use as a border. I found a white piece of card that I trimmed to two thirds of my card base width and arranged the circles down the edge, adhering them down when I was happy with the design. This is when I realised I should have stamped the sentiment first!!
 

I masked the circle off where I wanted the sentiment to go but I'm afraid I did get a tiny bit of ink onto it. Someone once said to me "If you don't have any mistakes on your cards, how are people going to know they're handmade?" I didn't like to tell her that there wasn't any way on this earth that people wouldn't know, so I let it pass! I used a shiny blue pencil to colour the 'happy' part of the sentiment, popped the panel up on dimensional pads and finished the card with some yellow enamel dots.

CHALLENGES
I'm scampering off to the Snippets Playground with my homework - see you there! I'm also linking up at The Flower Challenge where the challenge is to include spots or stripes (or both) in our floral cards. I've got some dotty paper and the envelope paper has a chevron stripe pattern on it :)
 

AND IN OTHER NEWS
It was the resourceful Sarn from the Playground who inspired me to rifle through the recycling basket as I've been impressed with all the wonderful creations she has made with discarded packaging :) Of course, I have a fluffy pal here who is more than happy to help me look for likely items.
 

How about this Mum? Er, no thank you Eva! I cannot feel that your grotty tissue will enhance a card!!

Sending hugs,

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful card from your recycled envelope and snippets of patterned papers, poor Eva must be upset at having her efforts at recycling tend rejected

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Vicky! You seem to get much more exciting 'junk mail' as well as bills than we do here. Poor Eva - she is only trying to help.. Quiet smile here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally applaud your recycling of envelopes to create this masterpiece mixed with some snippets. Looks great. Thanks for the mention. ❤️

    Perhaps Eva wanted you to use the tissue embossing technique?

    Thanks for entering a piece of homework to the Snippets Playground. See you up in the treehouse for cocktails shortly! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a wag you are Sarn! OMG, see what I did there. Wag, Eva. wag?! xxx

      Delete
    2. Haha, what a pair you are!! xxx

      Delete
  4. Wow! This is awesome, Vicky! A brilliant idea to punch those circles and cut the pretty blue flowers to put on top! A fantastic job of recycling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Waste not, want not - the envelope lining makes the perfect background for this bright blue flowers ( I still have some of that floral dsp too - paper hoarder, I know!) I love the over-the-edge design against the green too. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love envelope lining patterns, I can't remember when I used some last. After seeing your delight and beautiful card, I had better start looking for them again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great snippets card - love your helpful furry friend

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)