Pages

Thursday 31 August 2023

The colour of sunshine

Hello, crafting friends!
 
It's Thursday and time for another round of crafting Tic Tac Toe courtesy of the Tic Tac Toe Challenge! Joanne is on Board Duty today and what an inspirational board it is:
 

I've gone for the diagonal from the top left: Letters/Yellow/Sunshine and made a card to bring some sunshine into a friend's life :)
 

I started with a yellow card base, left over from an old card kit. The Sunny Day stencil from Clearly Besotted was positioned over it and yellow ink stenciled into it for a tone on tone look. I found some coordinating washi tape that needed using up and made a border with it, then stamped a favourite Reverse Confetti floral stamp at the bottom in black ink and coloured it with yellow alcohol markers.
 

The sentiment is my 'letters' part of the board. I was excited to put a current Uniko sentiment with an older Clearly Besotted one which is a lovely wavy shape. To add a bit more interest to my card, I trimmed one corner with a Corner Rounder, then stamped the flowers and leaves again on a scrap of white card, coloured them, fussy cut them and popped them up on dimensional pads. 

Okay, so now it's your turn! Which row or column has grabbed your attention this week? Or is it one of the diagonals? Do hop over to the Tic Tac Toe Challenge blog to check out the gorgeous samples the rest of the team have made to inspire you. You'll find the Linky Tool at the bottom of the post and can use it to link up your own creation with us. Have fun! We can't wait to see what you make!

CHALLENGES
In the Color Dare Challenge #562, you get to choose whether to use 1, 2 or 3 of the three colours shown. I opted to use the yellow and team it with black; I'm also joining in with the Stencil Fun Challenge - not going for the optional Butterflies theme; I'm not going for the optional Butterflies at Allsorts either but I will link my card up there; It's the first outing for this charming floral set so I am sharing at Darnell's NBUS Challenge too.

AND IN OTHER NEWS
I am such a fan of the colour yellow. It is the colour of sunshine, positivity, warmth and happiness. There is a good reason that there are so many famous yellow logos! I was given a bunch of beautiful, deep hearted yellow roses the other day, and they lift my spirits every time I look at them!
 
 
I hope they have the same effect on you today :)

Sending hugs,

8 comments:

  1. A gorgeous card to say goodbye to summer,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I can almost smell those lovely yellow roses! How lovely to be gifted them. TFS!

    Your gorgeous card is bound to be well received xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. How could you not have a wonderful day when looking at this card! Beautiful roses! Thanks for sharing them with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A glorious card Vicky, I love yellow too, it's such a happy colour and so is your card. As for the roses - Sigh! Just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yellow, ahhh, one of my favorite happy colors, your card is gorgeous!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Stencil Fun!
    Diane SF Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Stencil Fun}
    {Triple B}
    {Simply Clean & Simple} NEW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woooow, this card is amazing! Love the colors and flowers!
    Hugs,
    Conny

    ReplyDelete
  7. The card is beautiful, Vicky... and so appropriate for this last warmth of summer xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is so sunny and has such a happy feel - I love it!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)