Pages

Thursday 12 October 2023

Cast your cares on Him

Hello, crafting friends!
 
Fancy a game of crafty Tic Tac Toe? Well, it's a Tic Tac Toe Challenge Thursday today and it's my turn to come up with a board to inspire you 8 different ways:
 
 
I hope I've instantly got you rummaging through your craft stash with some of these ideas! For my card, I used the left hand column, Leaves/Autumn Colours/Twine, and a colour scheme inspired by a pair of shoes (see And in Other News below for more on this!)
 

I started by cutting a frame using a stitched rectangle and a label die. The sentiment from The Greetery's Comforting Commands was stamped directly onto a card base and the frame popped up on dimensional strips to create a shadow box effect. I was then ready to decorate this with leaves and berries from The Greetery's Berry Branch stencil.


I sponged warm brown and burgundy inks into the leaves, adding detail with markers, then stenciled the berries using just markers. Then came the tricky bit: fussy cutting everything! I must look and see if there is a coordinating die because it was quite fiddly, but I love the way the leaves and berries turned out. I arranged a few of the leaves above the sentiment and a larger cluster, tied up with twine, below it.
 

Okay, so now it's your turn to pick a line from the board! My team mates have pulled out all the stops to inspire you with their gorgeous makes, so do hop over to the Tic Tac Toe Challenge website to check them out. You'll find the Linky Tool at the bottom of the post and can use it to share your own creation with us. Have fun won't you - I can't wait to see what you make!

CHALLENGES
This card was based on Amy's fabulous sketch at Freshly Made Sketches so I'll link up there; I used stencils to create my berry and leaf clusters so will also enter this at the Stencil Fun Challenge and Happy Little Stampers where Anything Stenciled Goes; I'm also joining in at Make My Monday which has an Autumn Colours challenge going on. 


AND IN OTHER NEWS
My husband and I had a look in the Next sale for some bargains a couple of weekends ago. He didn't find anything but I found a sturdy pair of shoes which I thought would be useful for walking the dogs. I loved the colours on them! 
 

When my eldest son came in from work, he saw them and picked them up and examined them. "Whose are these?" he asked. I told him I had found them at Next and he raised his eyebrows and told me they looked just like Gucci shoes. I informed him roundly that no-one in their right mind would imagine they were Gucci shoes when paired with my old tracky bottoms and anorak and while walking the dogs in the wind and rain!

Sending hugs,

16 comments:

  1. What a lovely card...and a fun bargain-shopping find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card! Those layered leaves are a gorgeous touch

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the snazzy new boots. Hope they are nice and comfy for walking the golden ones.

    Also loving that gorgeous card with its fun aperture and leafy sprigs. Lovely lettering stamp too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is beautiful, I am expecting an order from The Greetery today, I love their products and loved seeing what your did with yours, oh, and BTW, your shoes are awesome!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Stencil Fun!
    Diane SF Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Stencil Fun}

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful way to frame up this lovely sentiment, Vicky! Nice shoes! You'll be the best dressed dog walker in the area!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH! What a very beautiful card, with beautiful colours. As for the shoes, LOVE them and their colours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A truly splendid card, Vicky - love your CAS design, and that pretty frame! Perfect sentiment, for sure, too! Thanks so much for playing at Make My Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card and you've highlighted the sentiment perfectly! Thanks so much for joining us at The Happy Little Stampers Stencil Challenge this month, we appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute card. Great layout and colors. Thanks for sharing over at Make my Monday

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another gorgeous card, love the colours, and the shoes đŸ˜ƒ xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a pretty card, Vicky. I recently also bought a new pair of walking boots xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! I love the window for the sentiment with the beautiful greenery above and below. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a beautiful card! Thanks so much for this amazing take on this week's FMS challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I saw this over at the Stencil Fun Challenge and had to come see all the details! How clever to create a frame using a die inside a die! And that verse is one of my favorites! I love the font used for it here! And your fussy cutting is AMAZING! Truly a stunning card.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So I'm not sure which I like most - the shoes or the card!! Shoes aside (great choice btw) I love the simple elegance of your card and the sentiment just pops in blue. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)