Pages

Thursday 26 October 2023

Wreathed in festive florals

Hello, crafting friends!
 
It's Thursday and the Tic Tac Challenge invites you to come and play with our new board! Devised by Betty this week,  there are plenty of options...
 

... including suggestions to enable us to crack on with those festive cards! I've chosen the middle row Wreath/Free/Enamel Dots to create mine.
 

I started this card by offsetting Funky Fossil's Holly Wreath stencil on a card panel and sponging reds and greens into it. I added a snippet of DSP  to the bottom, trimmed it to size with my guillotine and then went in search of a focal point.
 

I've been adding to my Embossing folder collection just lately and have found a few retired Stampin' Up beauties that I've really enjoyed playing with. The florals on this card come from a set of two called Floral Affection. I embossed the large floral on an offcut of pink card and again on a snippet of red card, added detail with markers and cut them out. The pine branches and holly leaves were found in the snippets box, left over from other projects. The sentiment is a retired Uniko's stamp combined with a die cut from Avery Elle. To finish, I attached the panel to a card front and added enamel dots to the flower centres. 


Right! Now it's your turn! Here's how to play along: Choose a row or column or one of the diagonals and create a card using the inspiration suggestions. Do hop over to the Tic Tac Toe challenge site to check out the samples the team has made for your enjoyment! You'll find the Linky Tool at the bottom of the post and you can use it to share your own card with us. We can't wait to see what you make!

CHALLENGES
I used lots of left overs for this card (snippets of DSP, pink red and blue card offcuts, left over pine branch die cuts and holly leaf cut outs) so I'm skipping over to the Snippets Playground with this card in my satchel; I'm also joining in at Peace on Earth where there are wreaths everywhere on the mood board! I used an embossing folder to create my flowers so I'm also linking up with Can you Handle the Pressure where Anything Goes ( with optional twist of Spooky); also Happy Little Stampers Stencil challenge where Anything Stenciled Goes.
 

AND IN OTHER NEWS
Here's a heartwarming story for the dog lovers among you: Yesterday, I took the golden girls on a walk in the countryside. Both dogs have great recall so they run off lead, sniffing in the hedges, chasing things in the undergrowth. If they lag behind too long, I just call them and they catch up. Well yesterday Lulu didn't come back when I called and I realised there was something wrong. Eva and I walked back to find that Lulu had managed to get the wrong side of a fence. She was trying to get to us but was running up and down the fence looking for the way back, giving frantic little barks. Eva went into Big Sister mode and ran alongside her on our side of the fence, obviously trying to help her find the way. In the end, I found the gap under the fence in a very overgrown thicket with a ditch (delightful!) but I was so pleased to see how the girls interacted with one another.

Sending hugs,

9 comments:

  1. Your combination of paper strip,stencilling,diecut florals and foliage is stunning, an exquisite card.Eva has certainly taken on the big sister role

    ReplyDelete
  2. A stunning card Vicky - I just love how you think 'outside of the box' - right down to combining items for your sentiment from totally different sets! Wonderful result!

    So sweet about darling Eva helping Lulu - shame you had to go for a paddle in a ditch though - but I bet you were relieved as well!

    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous card and so creative how it came about! So glad you and Eva were able to 'rescue' Lulu!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Peace On Earth and Can You Handle The Pressure!
    Diane POE and CYHTP Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Peace On Earth}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of different elements all coming together so perfectly on this lovely festive card Vicky.

    Glad there was no harm done with Lulu and that 'big sis' Eva helped out.

    Thanks for entering a piece of homework to the Snippets Playground. See you up in the treehouse later. I like the sound of Bonfire Toffee! Already gathering wood for the bonfire ! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty wreath, Vicky! I love how you've decorated it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous card, love everything about it. How lovely to hear of the interaction with the girls. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absoluty gorgeous card 💐☺️ congrats, happy day

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful wreath, beautiful florals! Thanks for joining us at Peace on Earth.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)