Pages

Saturday 30 December 2023

Stamping stamps!

Hello, crafting friends!
 
Back in the summer, I was so busy I had no time to craft and even less time to blog! I did, however,  find time to buy the Waffleflower Postage Stamp Collage die which made my heart beat faster on its release! Of course I only took it out of its wrapper in December (can anyone relate?!) and it has not disappointed. I had so much fun making this card and I think it might have been my favourite of the year!
 

There are stencils you can get to go with this die but I just used the die itself as a stencil, sponging blue ink into the stamp shapes, and it worked perfectly well! Then came the fun bit: I used a couple of new-to-me Greetery sets (Pretty Postmarks and Pine Blossom) to design my own postage stamps, adding script and other images for a collage effect. The Christmas Blessings sentiment came from Uniko's Peace on Earth set.
 

American frame dies are made for US A2 cards, but I usually just trim a bit of the height of my cards to make them work. On this occasion, I had a little lightbulb moment! I remembered a retired Stampin' Up set (Butterfly Basics) that had an airmail pattern stamp on it, and stamped it in red as a frame around three sides of the card base.
 
 
I was really pleased with that final touch - and isn't it amazing how many stamps and dies from different eras and different companies work perfectly together!

CHALLENGES
The die set and two of the stamp sets are Never Before Used Schtuff, so naturally I will zoom over to Darnell's NBUS challenge to share. PS. I'm very proud to have a card from last month showcased there! I'm also joining in with Stamping Sensations where we are asked to use Favourite Colours - I love all colour but this is a favourite Christmas combination; We Love Stamping has a Winter Flowers and/or Foliage theme so I'm also linking up there.

 
AND IN OTHER NEWS
I've always loved hearing the sound of the letter box before Christmas! There are always some exciting cards to open or parcels containing gifts that need to be wrapped. After a few unhappy incidents when Eva was a puppy and chewed up the post, I taught her to gather up the mail and bring it to me. She was rewarded handsomely for this and has been a keen helper ever since. But his year, we've had another pup in the house of course! Eva wasn't prepared to give up her task but Lulu watched carefully and then decided her job would be to give a wuff to alert everyone to the fact the post has arrived. Oh dear, this is NOT something I feel should be rewarded! I have a long list of training that will begin in the new year!

Sending hugs,

12 comments:

  1. Such lovely card, these little stamps look so sweet and festive on the beautiful diecut multi-frame and love the airmail pattern on the edges. Thanks so much for joining us at We Love Stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful postage stamps card. Great die and great stamp combo’s old & new.

    Happy New Year and happy pup training!!! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can understand why you love this die,it's absolutely brilliant,love the collage you created here and look forward to seeing more.Eva is a clever cookie and I'm sure Lulu will soon learn too.Wishing you All the Best for a Happy Healthy New Year Meg xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The design is very pleasing on the eye Vicky and was indeed a strike of genius adding the airmail element and it bring it all together perfectly. Lovely to see you at We Love Stamping, thanks so much.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love both the card and all the tips and tricks too! Happy New Year Vicky! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL, having pups does require lots of training, especially not to scare the postman! I love your card; I have this set too and sadly have only played with it a couple times! Maybe after the new year! Yours is just lovely with all those fun little stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can see why this is your favorite, Vicky, and why it was so fun and creative to make your own stencil and design your stamps and that perfect border! And I admire how you can remember what you have! Alas, me not remembering is one of the reasons for my break and this latest reorg. I think I will do better and enjoy the process more if I have less to remember! Loved the story of the girls and the post! Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS and Happy New Year! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is gorgeous, lovely design, love the stamps and dies you've used. Thank you for sharing at Stamping Sensations.
    Happy New Year
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea to add the border, making the images all set and beautiful for the size card. As for training, good luck! Wishing you Health and Happiness for 2024. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. It does seem that there is more time to order than to use what we order. At least that's the case in my house! I am loving these postage stamp stamps and what you've done with them! Happy New Year and good luck with the training.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so beautiful and a great use of that die. I think December is not bad going to be using it lol! Thanks for joining us at We Love Stamping.
    When we had a Westie a mail box had to be put outside, anything coming through the door was killed!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The new goodies look great, Vicky. I remember the oldie well, too. It was one of my favorite sets way back then... and it completes this design perfectly xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)