Pages

Wednesday 10 January 2024

Celebration in the playground!

Hello, crafting friends!
 
There's a new challenge starting in The Snippets Playground today - and it's a special one: Miss Di has been mistress of the playground for 12 jolly years! To celebrate her amazing milestone, Head Prefect Sarn would like to see us submit homework using snippets as usual but with an extra theme this time of Celebration.
 

Well that's easy - who better to celebrate than Miss Di herself and how better to celebrate than with a card made just with dies?! We all know that Miss loves the colour pink so I had a rummage through my pink snippets folder and brought out a new die, Woven Cane from The Greetery. I don't know what got into me getting this folder as I'm not blessed with a great deal of patience and of course it needed all the little bits poking out, not to mention trimming to size as it's designed for an American A2 card size - AND I couldn't find any double sided adhesive sheets so had to use glue!! I do love the look of it in pale pink layered over a darker pink though and am already thinking of other colour combinations :)
 

Then came more die cutting and a bit of punching! I'd saved a piece of gold foil gift wrap from Christmas which I glued to a snippet of white card. From this gold piece, I cut the letters to spell 'celebrate' using The Greetery's Slim Alphabet dies and some stars using a retired Stampin' Up punch. I punched more stars out of a dark pink snippet, as well as a die cut 'you', and finally cut a stitched label out of another white snippet. Once everything was cut, I arranged everything on the label and attached it to the background with dimensional pads.
 

I added one more touch: a jade green enamel heart, as a disruptor colour, but also as a nod to our lovely Jules who ran the playground before Di, and who always incorporates a heart in her designs!
 

Here are the snippets I used this time - gold foil gift wrap, a spoilt card base, pink snippets :)

CHALLENGES
I'm off to the Snippets Playground with some champagne and my homework; I'm also dropping in on Darnell at the NBUS Challange as my Greetery die is Never Before Used Schtuff.
 


AND IN OTHER NEWS
There are so many bugs going around at the moment and I'm sad to say my Dogmobile has succumbed! I tried to start it last week and there was a lot of coughing and spluttering but not a great deal of action, so it had to be sent off to the garage to be fitted with a new battery! But MUCH worse is this little poorly pudding:
 

Poor Lulu has cut one of her pads. She keeps telling me she's PERFECTLY okay and is there any chance of going out hunting rabbits? But I'm afraid she has to be rested and the paw bandaged for protection. She can go out for very short walks, but only on soft grass, and must be kept on lead so she doesn't rampage about. It's been a week so far and it's probably going to take at least another week to heal. She hates being left at home when I walk Eva but I am playing games and doing loads of training with her so she doesn't go completely crazy.
 
Hope your 2024 has kicked off better than ours!
 
Sending hugs,

11 comments:

  1. Brilliant celebratory card Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, poor Lulu, and poor you, not a good start, but you know what they say, it can only get better, and your card is proof! Love the pink on pink…..one of those why didn’t I think of that moments!, using the gold, but glueing it first, ditto, then the heart for Jules, such a lovely touch!, fabulous card! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card love the colour and that amazing die cut background so sorry that Lulu is hurt they really are so full of expression aren't they, lol.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic celebration card for the Snippets Playground - and pretty in pink for Miss Di too. Thanks for coming to play. See you up in the Treehouse for a tipple later!

    Oh POOR Lulu . . . please give her a big hug from me and tell her I send her lots of get well kisses and an extra gentle hug xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Forgot to say how impressed I am that you took a picture of your snippets! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a perfect way to celebrate Di, Vicky! I love that you put a little heart as a hats off to Jules too. Poor Lulu. Hopefully she will be rabbit hunting again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card and what a fab idea to incorporate a heart for Jules. So sorry Lulu is poorly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, Vicky! Hope Lulu feels better soon! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely card Vicky! Well worth all the 'poking out' and I do so love the pink! Oh poor Lulu, it's so hard to explain when they are a little rocket or even bigger waiting to run riot. Hope she heals really soon!

    Hugs

    Di - and a cuddle for Lulu from Dudley (punching a tad above his weight there but ever hopeful! God loves a trier!)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just beautiful your card!!!! Poor Lulu. I hope you get better quickly. And luckily she has such a great dog mom like you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Give Lulu big hugs from me and Nellie for a full recovery. It is not easy curbing all that unbridled puppy energy, so big hugs to you, too, Vicky! I love the enthusiasm and hard work you poured into this wonderful celebration card for Di and her long reign at the beloved Playground! It was worth all the effort! And I love that you added a heart to recognize Jules, too. Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! Happy New Year! Well, cheers to a Happy Rest-of-the-Year!🍾Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)