Pages

Thursday 25 January 2024

One Layer Snow Day

Hello, crafting friends!
 
At the moment, there are loads of challenges encouraging us to get our stashes started for the festive season at the end of 2024. I'm in!
 

When I bought the beautiful Stencilscapes Winter layering stencil set from The Greetery in 2022, it was to make multiples - and I did. But it was always in the back of my mind that it would be fun to use just part of the stencil to create unique scenes. For this card, I wanted to include the children and the houses.
 
 
To start, I created a stencil using a large circle punch, and positioned it over a thick card base, securing it with sticky notes. The notes created a handy place for me to make a mark with a pen to align all six Winterscape stencils in the position I wanted. I used finger daubers to sponge ink through the stencils, finishing with inking round the edge of the circle punch stencil to draw the eye into the scene.
 

I finished with some details using coloured pencils and a white acrylic paint pen, and a lovely curvy sentiment from The Greetery's Catching Snowflakes which I thought was a great fit for the image.

CHALLENGES
Claire has a CAS Winter Fun theme at The Paper Players so I'm linking up there. I loved the cosy farmhouse on the Peace on Earth mood board so I'm joining in there too; Inkspirational wants to see us use more than one stencil on a project; this is also my entry at Rudolph Days where we make a Christmas card on the 25th of each month throughout the year.
 

AND IN OTHER NEWS
After a giddy moment with frost and bright sunshine, the weather has returned to what appears to be the default for the last few months:
 

I'm seriously thinking of taking the blonde bombshells to a canine beauty parlour and bringing them home as brunettes!

Sending hugs,

17 comments:

  1. Aaaaah....this is just so sweet! I love this little scene and your stenciling is just perfect! It's a treasure! And I am with you on the mud...yuck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a beautiful scene you have created!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Peace On Earth!
    Diane POE Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Peace On Earth}

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Vicky love the little festive scene the colours are so lovely as is the sentiment a super make
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Vicky,
    what a fabulous scene created with that stencil it looks very wonderful and makes for such a great card.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable winter landscape card. Love all the colours you used. Toddles off to investigate The Greetery Stencils!!!
    Happy Rudolph Day. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. A belated visit and a C&P comment I'm afraid as MS preventing me doing much still, but can at least take a peek at what everyone is creating.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your winter scape, and how you created it with all the extra details, it’s adorable. Empathise re the weather, to you and all dog owners! It’ll soon be springtime we hope xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This lovely and I am impressed to read you did it with stencils. Well done. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Was this all just created with stencils? Wow, I'm thrilled!!! Gundi
    PS: Kamo is sleeping soundly right now because we had a great morning walk and lovely encounters with other dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Claire, those stencils are fabulous and I love the colors you used. Such a wonderful scene. So glad you shared it with us at the Paper Players this week
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  11. Vicky, this is just fabulous! The winter scene you created is perfect. I love the sentiment, too! So much detail to this creation! Thank you for joining my challenge at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A sweet winter scene, Vicky! Your stenciling is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh this is charming and delightful! I'm not going to look for this stencil lol!. Brunette labs, there's an idea.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ok, first I'm cracking up about you wanting to take the blonde bombshells to the parlor to become brunettes!!! That's so funny (I'm partial to brunettes since I was once one before I gave in to the grey ;) ). Also oh my goodness what a gorgeous stenciled scene Vicky! WOW! Thank you for joining us at INkspirational~

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great one layer card - excellent CAS design too. Fabulous stencilling for the image. Thanks so much for joining us at Peace on Earth!

    ReplyDelete
  16. A delightfully happy card Vicky, I have a lot of catching up to do, so short comments will have to do. :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)