Pages

Monday 10 June 2024

A masculine 18th birthday

Hello, crafting friends!
 
The birthdays are coming up fast in our family, including those masculine ones that are a bit more challenging to create cards for. I am always very grateful for challenges that inspire me for those!
 

This card features a background made with an off-cut of green/blue card overstamped with Stampin' Up's retired Hardwood stamp using a darker green/blue ink. I trimmed it to size with a Heffy Doodle Stitched Rectangle die, then gave it a bit of interest by cutting it in three with Lawn Fawn's Stitched Hillside border dies and then glueing it all back together on a card front.
 

The popped-up focal tag was cut from a snippet of white card using a Heffy Doodle Stitched Rectangle die. I used some washi tape to mask off two horizontal lines and then sponged the rest with red ink. I loved the way it showed off the stitched framing. The number 18 was die cut from a tiny snippet of navy card, and I punched the star from it too. The Stampin' Up sentiment is a very handy one that is a gazillion years old (give or take a few years!)

CHALLENGES
All of this card was made with snippets except the card base, so I shall skip over to The Snippets Playground with my homework. No need for a brolly of course because the sun ALWAYS shines there!! The card was heavily inspired by the challenge Inspired By, where they always have the most amazing photos to get our creative juices flowing. I also took inspiration from Inkspirational where the word prompt is Frame - I have the stitched frame on the focal tag and the background acts as a frame too. I shall also link up with Ellie and Pauline's I Spy With My Little Eye challenge where the theme is Something for Boys or Men.
 

AND IN OTHER NEWS
My eldest son lives locally and often pops by to say hello. Today he came bearing a box of chocolate truffles he'd found at Marks & Spencer. "I've brought you some essentials," he said.
 

Then he added: "I don't know who this Marc fellah is but I hope they'll be nice!"

We opened them up to check and can reveal that they are very tasty indeed! 10 out of 10, would recommend!

Sending hugs,

13 comments:

  1. A brilliant masculine card with great papers and topper,how nice of your son to bring you a box of truffles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I love this...I knew right away your inspiration! What a great masculine card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy you never fail to impress me Vicky with so many ideas to get the creative juices flowing. I just love all the stitched details, and the colours are fabulous too. How lovely to have your eldest nearby and bringing such delicious treats too! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous patriotic and masculine birthday card. Great background, and I like the placement of the birthday panel.

    Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground. Swap you a truffle for a Magnum!!! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great masculine card, Vicky! I always struggle with them too. I love the blue green hardwood background with the wide red and white stripes! With champagne and chocolate, they must be wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great take on the inspiration! Thanks so much for playing along at Inspired By! ~Laurel

    ReplyDelete
  7. The teen years are the most difficult age for masculine cards, but yours is ideal with a simple statement and a background made all the more interesting with the stitched landscape dies. I'm certain those truffles were very tasty. What a nice son!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant card Vicky! I love how you die cut then joined the background - little details like that always make such a difference. Lovely to see you waving those choccies at us .......... where we can't reach them! They do sound delish!

    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok your son is definitely a keeper!
    I also have quite a few guy card summer birthdays, wonder if this is a biological quirk? At any rate, a fab fab card for a summer fella! Enjoy licking your chocolately fingers, haha XOX

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a great masculine card Vicky and so much texture even with the CAS feel. As for your son - he's a keeper, you clearly raised him well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the combo of stripes and the graphic feel of this card. Thanks for joining in at Inkspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The card is beautiful and perfect for a young adult. Love it! And how thoughtful of your son to stop by with some chocolates!
    Thank you so much for sharing at I spy with my little eye challenge!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)