Pages

Saturday 22 June 2024

Daisy days

Hello, crafting friends!
 
One of the things I love about summer is lounging about in the sun on grass dotted with daisies - especially if there's a picnic going! I love daisies and was delighted when a few weeks ago, I was lucky enough to win a beautiful stamp set full of daisies at Allsorts (Flower Patch Set 4 from Highlight Crafts) and today I thought it was time to crack open the packet and have a play!
 

Using green ink, I stamped two of the daisies onto a green panel. The plan was to colour the petals with my Posca white acrylic pen and to stipple the centres with distress oxides. I liked how the petals turned out but the flower centres were too muted, so I used an alcohol marker to intensify the colour, wiping the nib quickly afterwards.
 

I used Funky Fossil's Brick Wall stencil to sponge in a background with white ink and stamped a 'thanks' from The Greetery's Scripted Sentiments. To finish, I stamped a little butterfly using distress ink, trimmed the panel with a Hemstitch die by Spellbinders, and attached it to a card front.

CHALLENGES
I used Jen's sketch over at Freshly Made Sketches to create this card so I'm linking up there; also Allsorts where this week's optional theme is Blooms Bees and Butterflies - thank you for my lovely prize! And I'm also hopping over to Darnell's NBUS Challenge as the daisies are fresh out of the packet!


AND IN OTHER NEWS
The European Cup continues and watching England play proves to be the usual nail-biting experience. Lulu is not impressed.
 

She knows she can run faster than any of them and that no-one could get the ball off her - unless they used the 'Give' command that is!!

Sending hugs,

18 comments:

  1. Is Lulu getting around better now? Hope so!
    That is a very lovely card using unexpected materials. Wow to you coloring with the white Posca, I can never get mine to be that opaque without flooding the tip and causing a flood. The stenciling is such a nice addition. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your win!
    Lovely card, and thank you for joining us at Allsorts this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful daisy card. Love the hemstitch die. These scripted word is beautiful too. All in all an AWESOME summery card.

    Great pic of Lulu too! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Daisies always give such a lovely fresh feel, so pretty and lovely to see you at Allsorts where you have the perfect components.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous background in muted tones to showcase your beautiful daisies .Lulu would beat any footballer in a race with a ball

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Vicky! I thought it was die cut at first. If I’d used a posca pen to colour in, it would be a hot mess 😂, but maybe I’ll try it anyway! Lovely green card and border too. Almost matches Lulu’s ball 😃xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a delicate flower and beautifully coloured too. Thanks for sharing this lovely card Allsorts.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love daisies! Sweet with the subtle brick backdrop! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your daisies are so sweet on the green background with the brick wall in the background! Great job of coloring with the Posca pen and the centers are perfect! I love the look of texture that you got!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A gorgeous muted card, I love the daisies, so Summery, a beautiful background too Vicky. The die adds a little something to the whole card too. A pretty photo of Lulu in amongst the flowers with her ball. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card with the lovely daisies and brick background. Congratulations on your win.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so pretty! Love those daisies and the background stenciling! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So, so pretty!! I love the daisies. All of your details are wonderful. And I feel like Lulu should just offer to play! Just for sheer cuteness alone.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You can see them blooming everywhere at the moment. I particularly like the fact that you have suggested some masonry in the background.
    And if things don't work out for the German football players, Kamo is ready to come on. Are you actually allowed to carry the ball in your mouth the whole time?? .. *LOL*

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so beautiful Vicky love the flowers and the stencilled wall it looks soft and delicate, thank you for joining us at Allsorts
    hugs
    lolo x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, I do love daisies! They're the most cheerful flower. This looks so pretty growing against the brick wall. Of course, you know I always love to see either or both of your beautiful girls. I hope Eva is recovering well.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so pretty. Love the stencilled background.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)