Pages

Wednesday 23 October 2024

Christmas in the pink!

Hello, crafting friends!
 
I got to have a teeny bit of crafty fun today and made a fun and super quick Christmas card! Come and see:
 

It's always fun to think outside the colour box for festive cards isn't it, so I thought I'd go for a pink snow scene :) I made a stencil out of an offcut of thick vellum, cut with a rectangle aperture and then fortified with masking tape. This was positioned over the front of a thick card base and taped into place. Over that, I placed Uniko's Tiger Print stencil and sponged into it with Spun Sugar distress oxide ink. This produced a graphic snowdrift effect which practically made me jump up and down with happiness!! At the top I sponged solid pink for a sky before removing the stencils.
 

The trees are just one little die from Tonic Studios' Staggered Stage Winter Village, a die set I was lucky enough to win at The Snippets Playground. I gathered together a bunch of pink snippets of card and cut lots of the trees out. These were arranged at the top of my 'hill' at different levels and I popped one of them up and finished with a single clear gem...
 
 
and a die cut sentiment from Hobbycraft. This was an impulse purchase while I was browsing for something else and it has had a lot of use. You can't beat a bricks and mortar store!



Here are the pink snippets I used. I may make a whole bunch of these in different colours - that would certainly use up a few of those small snippets!

CHALLENGES
I'm linking this card up at The Snippets Playground (thanks again for that amazing die set ladies - I'm getting lots of use out of it!) Stephanie and Lauren at Jingle Belles are doing their breast cancer research challenge again this year and you can help by entering a pink Christmas card as they are donating for each one entered. Carol and the team at ABC Christmas are challenging us with U is for Unusual Colours (as well as V is for Velvet) so I'm linking up there too.
 

AND IN OTHER NEWS
I am giving away a golden retriever called Mucky McRoll-A-Lot. Any takers?
I had climbed to the top of a hill and was dreamily enjoying the view while the dogs (as I thought) scampered about. Young Madam WAS scampering about, however Senior Madam had discovered a pile of fox poo and was busy rolling it all over herself. We returned home in short order, I keeping a terse silence; Lulu looking smug while sniggering to herself; and Eva wagging away and congratulating herself on a job well done.

Sending hugs (and reaching for the brandy),

4 comments:

  1. A great pink wintry scene Vicky,Eva was just having fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your pink card and how you made it. Teehee on giving away your dog...I love hearing about them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Vicky, what a wonderful card! I adore the pink theme, of course. It's a perfect Christmas card - so nice to know that your Snippets prize is being well used too! Sorry, I did have a smile about naughty Eva - she's supposed to be setting a good example to Lulu. Peg on the nose I imagine,
    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very pretty Christmas card in pink tones. Great use of the tiger die to make snow drifts. I love how you think outside the igloo!

    Thanks for entering a piece of homework to the Snippets Playground. See you up in the treehouse after a round of conkers now you've marshmallowed up your fingers!

    Naughty Eva! Fox poo - eugh! xxx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)