Pages

Wednesday 7 September 2011

Designer paper card

I've been having a look through my designer papers this week and they were out on my desk when I saw Natasha's fabulous FTL156 sketch at Clean and Simple stamping. Naturally, since all those lovely papers were in front of me, I had a little play and in the back of my mind I was thinking about this month's challenge at the St Lukes Charity Card Challenge - to take four items from the 'buffet' and use them to make a card:


The Newsprint paper range contains a selection of printed pieces some ideal for backgrounds, some perfect for cutting images and numbers out of and some perfect for focal pieces in their own right! I've chosen a piece of book print for the background here, which I cut to make use of the vertical line. A piece of Certainly Celery 5/8" grosgrain ribbon sits to the right of the line with the flower on top. To make this I just cut several of the flowers out of a showstopping paper from the Greenhouse Gala range, snipped between some of the petals and layered them together. Instead of a sentiment I used leaves cut with the two-step bird punch.

For those that like to know, my four items from the St Lukes 'card buffet' are designer paper, a flower, ribbon and a punch and I shall be posting my card off with several others to be sold to raise funds for this truly worthwhile charity. If you have spare cards, why not send them off too - you'll find the address on the side bar of the site.

The sharp-eyed among you may have noticed that all the current 5/8" grosgrain ribbon appears on the Last Chance List  and all this year's designer paper ranges will no longer be available after September (except the Patterns stacks).  If you have favourites, this is definitely your chance to stock up! If you prefer smaller quantities of ribbon or paper, check out my special offers section.


Supplies needed for today's card:
Stamps: No stamps!
Ink: Sahara Sand (for sponging the edges of the background paper
Card stock: Very Vanilla
Other: Certainly Celery 5/8" grosgrain ribbon, 2-step bird punch, Greenhouse Gala DP, Newsprint DP, paper snips
You can buy any of these supplies from me and I can have them delivered to your address in the UK. Just send me an email or give me a call on 01280 820593. Click here to view the Last Chance List - full of stamps and accessories, some at up to 40% off, available only while stocks last.

Yesterday we had a picnic planned as a last summer holiday get together with friends so naturally we woke up to torrential rain lashing against the windows and a gale force wind howling around the house! You'll be pleased to know however that in true British spirit we did meet up and went for a bracing walk together - a VERY bracing walk in fact!

If you're constantly finding that you're not getting enough time for crafting, you may be pleased to know that Three Minute Thursday is back tomorrow. Thank you for popping in to see me today and I'll hope to see you tomorrow.



18 comments:

  1. Beautiful work as always Vicky.

    Loving the background paper and your colour choices.

    Sorry your picnic went pear-shaped. It feels like summer has ended don't you think? :-(

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah Vicky you can,t beat a good bracing walk ! Well I could but that's another matter. Love your card the print background is perfect to showcase your beautiful flower another gorgeous piece.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Vicky - weather is bad here too (good excuse to stay inside crafting!!) - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Vicky, I love the yellow flower against the newsprint, fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great background Vicky....your yellow flower looks great against the background. Thank you for your continued support over at St Lukes charity card challenge.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi
    Vicky
    Gorgeous card....stunning .....
    hugs sylvie
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card Vicky. The text paper looks fab and I love your flower :o) Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fab card! I do like the way the flower pops off the page. Thanks for playing along with St Luke's Charity Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Vicky that flower is gorgeous and really pops against the printed BP! Bracing is certainly the word for our present weather! We were in London yesterday to see Jersey Boys(absolutely brilliant)and as we left the tube station the heavens opened and within minutes everywhere was flooded! Luckily we were having a pre theatre meal so managed to dry off:)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card, Vicky. The yellow flower is perfect against the newsprint.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello vicky

    I love your card, the flower really stands out against the newsprint. I like the ribbon matching the leaves.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is absolutely stunning Vicky - I love that big scrummy flower :-D
    Thanks so much for joining our challenge this month over at St Luke's and your continued support.
    Tara x
    St Luke's Charity Cards Challenge Founder

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous, love the very different newsprint, makes a fab card. love your flower too.

    Vicky thanks for the lovely comments on my cards, you are so kind, thank you again.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Vicky, you never fail to please. Thank you for your continued support for St Lukes.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Vicky I missed this somehow...good job I'm on the DT at St Luke's! Just look at that stunning flower on the script background...a real beauty :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)