Pages

Monday 21 May 2012

Pocket Silhouettes and other wild flowers

I'm lucky enough to have been asked to be guest designer at Make My Monday this month and I've thoroughly enjoyed visiting all the entrants as well as enjoying the regular design team's samples. If you fancy joining in this week you'd be very welcome! The new challenge is 'Floral - featuring Wild Flowers and Grasses', so I thought it would be fun to rustle up one of my favourite sponged scenes. Come and see:


It is so quick and easy to make these kind of scenes and it looks as if you've spent ages over them! I sponged Pool Party ink over the top of damp watercolour paper and Wild Wasabi and Lucky Limeade inks over the bottom. The Pocket Silhouettes stamps were stamped over the top of this and then the edges of the card stock were sponged with darker inks.


This little cluster is a mixture of stamped and fussy-cut images, and a punched leaf, stapled to the sponged background and tied up with a piece of linen thread.


The sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes  and is stamped into a frame in the Little Additions set. You can also see in this photo that I set the sponged scene inside a frame scored with my Simply Scored board which makes this kind of accuracy SO easy!

Here's what you'll need to make today's card:
Stamps: Pocket Silhouettes, Nature Walk, Autumn Days, Teeny Tiny Wishes, Little Additions
Ink: Basic Black, Pool Party, Wild Wasabi, Lucky Limeade, Always Artichoke, Soft Suede, Not Quite Navy
Card stock: Very Vanilla, Naturals Ivory, Whisper White, Watercolour paper, Always Artichoke
Other: Markers, small oval punch, two step bird punch, stapler, linen thread, paper snips, stamp-a-majig, Simply Scored
I'd be delighted to order any of these items for you and can have them delivered to your address in the UK. I'm committed to providing excellent customer service and am always happy to offer help and advice. To place your order, just send me an email or give me a call on 01280 820593.

Today's card reminds me of the first time we went camping. We'd practised putting the tent up at home so were pretty confident, but found that when it came to it, the tent had no desire to sit nicely on the pitch but preferred to lurch drunkenly into the hedge where there was a fine crop of stinging nettles! We had a lovely time though and I remember the children spent all evening quietly collecting grass seeds in bowls!

Happy Monday!




30 comments:

  1. I don't often make scenery cards, but this looks lovely so I might go and have a play. Thanks for the inspiration! Helen (Sydney)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As usual it's absolutely gorgeous and very inspiring! TFS My faves file is full of your wonderful creations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so fabulous, Vicky! I love the cluster of details and especially the way they're all held together with a staple!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Vicky. The background is so soft and I love your separation of the bunch of flowers/grasses at the front.
    Looking forward to creating something for this challenge.
    Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore your skills, Vicky. Do you ever paint on a big canvas? I could imagine how beautiful it would be. Hugs Janna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Vicky, This is a lovely grasses scene, I love it... I struggled, my mojos off somewher in the ether! has been for quite a while :(
    take care
    suzi b xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just fabulous Vicky! And, did you hear my cheer all the way from Spain over your 'Yellow' LIM show casing? Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi vicky
    Gorgeous card ..... Love this look you are soooo good at it
    Hugs Sylvie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. One word Vicky - STUNNING !! I learned this technique from you and just love it but mine never turn out as well as yours ! I love Jannna's idea from above; it would be spectacular !
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful card Vicky - my garden looks a bit like this now after all the rain we have had - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. VERY pretty. Great inking! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Vicky

    I adore your card, the scene is gorgeous with
    stunning colours.
    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I always love to see your inky meadow scenes Vicky and I love how you've added the grasses and flowers right in the foreground for this card :0)
    Ah he's camping is never tha same out in the wild , for real....... Much cosier in the garden ;0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card Vicki. I love the way you have added the extra flowers to the front.
    Valxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Vicky this scene is so tranquil and relaxing, I'd love to just sit there with a nice glass of Pimms.

    I'm getting my latest stamps you ordered for me from Jacqueline tomorrow so I hope my mojo can come up with something using them.Anyway, Thank You

    Bev.x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous Vicky, the colours are beautiful and I love the extra grasses etc popped on the front. I hope I bought enough grasses at Ally Pally to do this challenge :)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  17. So pretty, Vicky!
    Cheers, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  18. You totally rocked this challenge again ! I knew you would when I saw the theme your stamping and sponging is amazing such a pretty picture.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  19. A stunning card Vicky. Your inky background is fabulous and the stamped grasses look amazing. Love the added stamped embellishment too.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just WOW! I wish I'd done it!
    Louise x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous Vicky! I regulary put a 'wash' of colour from ink pads or paints across some wet watercolour paper blending two/three colours. Once dry I stamp with foliage, flowers and grasses -I end up with a masterboard than I cut down and add to when I feel like it - this reminds me of that hugs Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Quick and easy to do? I don't think so, it would take me days and lots of throw outs, but I LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Stunning card Vicky - thanks so much for your comments - appreciate it. Doubt I'd ever manage something like this - I really like the extra grasses you've popped on the front too. x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Absolutely stunning, Vicky! I ADORE all the different sets you used--and your sponging and coloring is beautiful! Fabulous to have you as our guest DT this month--can't wait to see your card for next week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely card Vicky reminds me of a summer meadow Luv Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love your stamped scenes and the grasses look fab, especially with the bouquet of fussy cut grasses. x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow, I saw this beauty on MIM and was blown away. What a gorgeous scene! Beautifully done!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. You are a wonderful GDT - your work is always so beautiful. The stamping and colouring on this card is exceptional. Suzanne x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful scene Vicky, really lovely.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)