Pages

Tuesday 27 November 2012

Easy Events Christmas tag card

The brilliant 52 Christmas Card Throwdown site is continuing its mission to get us prepared for the festive season in good time and this week the challenge is to use Pearls on a Christmas card. I knew exactly what I wanted to do: there were some tags left over from my Snowflake Season Simply Scrappin' kit and I'd had the idea of stamping festive foliage on them. Come and have a look:


I used the Christmas branch from Easy Events to stamp my mistletoe on the tag and embellished with Basic Pearls - I love the lustre on these! The leaves were coloured in with a Gumball Green marker


The tag was tied up with Cherry Cobbler seam binding, before mounting with dimensionals onto a panel embossed with the Perfect Polka Dots folder.


The eight diverse images in this set come with sentiments attached but I cut mine apart and mounted them on the edge of the block so that they're even more versatile. On this card though, I opted to use my current favourite sentiment from Happy Hour.

Here's what you'll need to make this card
Card stock: Whisper White
Stamps: Easy Events, Happy Hour
Ink: Real Red, Always Artichoke classic inks and a Gumball Green marker
Other: Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, Big Shot, Basic Pearls, Snowflake Season Simply Scrappin' kit, Cherry Cobbler seam binding

I'd be delighted to order any of these items for you and have them delivered straight to your address in the UK, France, Deutschland, Nederland or Osterreich. I'm committed to providing excellent customer service and am always happy to offer help and advice. To place your order, just send me an email or give me a call on +44 (0) 1280 820593. Check out current special offers here.

I was curious about the tradition of kissing under the mistletoe so I looked it up.  Did you know that when a couple kiss they should take one of the berries off the bunch and that when all the berries have gone it's supposed to be bad luck to do any more kissing?! We've never used mistletoe as a decoration as I've never seen it growing wild around here; we stick to holly and ivy instead, and we certainly don't need a bunch of leaves as an excuse for a kiss!

See you tomorrow!

22 comments:

  1. So pretty Vicky, what a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful CAS card Vicky..love the addition of pearls on the mistletoe

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely and festive.

    Thanks for sharing the story of mistletoe kissing!

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pearls make perfect mistletoe berries, don't they? We like in Mistletoe county - it's everwhere, on every apple tree you see My husband takes lots up to Birmingham to give out to his colleagues to spread a little Christmas cheer- I suspect we are robbing someone of some profit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous Vicky - love the pearls as berries. Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh are you trying to add to my next order!!! Love the mistletoe, those pearls really bring it to life !!
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Prettiest Christmas card I've seen Vicky, I love mistletoe and pearls are my favourite embellies:)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fabulous card - very stylish. Thanks for the info about the mistletoe tradition!
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic!!! Love the pearls you added too. So pretty.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was just mentioning your name on my new blog post when your own blog post dinged my email ! great minds and all ! What a super card, sensationally stylish and elegant.....just like you !

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is lovely, Vicky. Such a pretty layout, too.

    We must be on the same wavelength, as I've just cut some mistletoe embellishments with tiny pearls as berries:) x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh! Vicky you have done it yet again! a beautiful card, and so lovely that the pearls are the berries, who'd have thought of that? You!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card, vicky - so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely stunning, Vicky! LOVE the simple yet fabulous stamping and of course all those yummy pearls! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a real stunner, Vicky!! Perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your card is wonderful and magical, Vicky! I love the way you have arranged the beads!

    Rosi x

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW... this is just simply stunning. Another fabulous card Vicki :o) Thanks so much for joining us this week at 52CCT!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful and elegant - it's a lovely card Vicky, thanks so much for joining in our challenge this week at 52CCT - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I let out a serene sigh when I saw your card Vicky - simple but stunningly stylish! So refreshing to see a great card without a load of gubbins on! I LOVE how you've made mistletoe! Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us again at 52 {C}CT! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your cards are just amazing. Striking card, Vicky! The pearls are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This card is so neat and crisp and white ! Just beautiful and nicely highlighted with a pop of festive red and green ! Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Finally getting round to paying a visit and commenting. I really love this card Vicky, it's gorgeous. I love the simplicity of the design, the detail of the pearls for the mistletoe, the tag, the embossing - all of it! x x

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)