Pages

Monday 4 March 2013

By the Tide with scored waves

Stampin' Up's spring/summer catalogue is full of gorgeous things but my favourites are the By the Tide stamp set which is making me so happy and my Borders score board which is great fun too. Here's a masculine card I made with the fish from the stamp set and some great texture courtesy of the scoreboard:

Card using By the Tide from Stampin' Up

The fish were stamped on the Crumb Cake panel and coloured with markers from the Subtles collection. I added the sentiment and turned the panel over to score it. There are two sizes of 'waves' on the scoreboard and I love the stylised wave effect they give.

The fish from By the Tide from Stampin' Up

Let's zoom in and get up close and personal with the fish - aren't they wonderful?!

Here's what you'll need to make this card
Stamps: By the Tide, A Word For You
Ink: Black stazon
Card stock: Naturals Ivory, Crumb Cake
Other: Markers, Simply Scored, Borders score plate, stamp-a-majig
I'D BE DELIGHTED TO ORDER STAMPIN' UP ITEMS FOR YOU AND HAVE THEM DELIVERED STRAIGHT TO YOUR ADDRESS IN THE UK. I'M COMMITTED TO PROVIDING EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE AND AM ALWAYS HAPPY TO OFFER HELP AND ADVICE. TO PLACE YOUR ORDER, JUST SEND ME AN EMAIL OR GIVE ME A CALL ON 01280 820593.
• Add a free Sale-a-bration item from this list for every £45 you spend!

My daughter often comes home with stories about her boyfriend's baby sister who has recently become enthralled with dogs. Whenever the little girl sees a mutt, she points enthusiastically and cries "Dog!" She has received much praise for this accomplishment and it appears to have gone to her head. On a recent visit to proud owners of a tropical fish tank, she watched the creatures swimming about in their watery world for a few minutes before turning to her family. "Dog!" she said.

See you tomorrow for more crafting fun!
Vicky signature

14 comments:

  1. Those fish ARE fantastic, Vicky, as is that fun wavy line you've created for them to swim in!! Or, rather, I should say, "Those DOGS are fantastic, Vicky!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fab masculine card Vicky, the scoring really gives it some fab texture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card Vicky and love your wavy background ..

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Getting 'up close and personal' with fish isn't my number one priority . . . but in fish case I'll make an exception!

    FAB card for a male and super scoring.

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your bright fishes swimming onto the card and the embossing makes super waves. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those fish, what a gorgeous male card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the wavy scored lines and the detail on the fish is amazing Vicky :) What is intriguing me is the scary looking image to the right of your card...is it another fish or maybe it's just my imagination? lol Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vicky you have come up AGAIN, with something great, I love the embossed waves and the different colours of the fishies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great masculine card. The fish are fantastic. You have the knack of making me interested in stamp sets that I had previously overlooked.
    I suggested your cure to Mark for his cough - surprisingly not keen!!
    Michelle x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. You know something Vicky, I don't think I'veeven noticed this fish stamp in the catalogue - they're fab, and your waves are inspired! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely fishes and wavy waves!
    Who doesn't confuse fish and dogs sometimes?! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous fish and the waves are brilliant - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the way they are swimming onto the card Vicky and the wavy lines give them great dimension:)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh yes the scored lines and the fish are a great combination, another fab card for a guy too :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)