Pages

Thursday 2 May 2013

Three Minute Bright Blossoms

When I saw the gorgeous colour palette and inspiration photo at the ColourQ this week, an idea immediately hopped into my head - and it was going to be quick too, just right for my Three Minute Thursday spot!  Here's my card...

Card made with Bright Blossoms by Stampin' Up

... and here's the inspiration:


Can you see how the inserts of coloured glass, the shape of the pendant, and even the wire wrapped around it all influenced my design?

Close up of design using Bright Blossoms and Itty Bitty Banners by Stampin' Up

This is a 3"/7.5cm square notecard, perfect for slipping in with flowers or a home-baked gift! It was very quick and easy: I punched an oval out of Whisper White card stock and inked my Bright Blossoms set up with markers before stamping; added the lovely curvy sentiment from Itty Bitty Banners and sponged around the edge of the oval (with what I thought was my Marina Mist sponge dauber but it looks more like my Island Indigo one in this photo - oops!)

Here's what you'll need to make these cards
Stamps: Bright Blossoms, Itty Bitty Banners
Ink: Midnight Muse, Marina Mist, + Pretty in Pink, Wisteria Wonder and Marina Mist markers
Card stock: Whisper White
Other: Big Shot, Bitty Banners framelits, extra large oval punch
I CAN ORDER STAMPIN' UP ITEMS FOR YOU AND HAVE THEM DELIVERED STRAIGHT TO YOUR ADDRESS IN THE UK. I'M COMMITTED TO PROVIDING EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE AND AM ALWAYS HAPPY TO OFFER HELP AND ADVICE. TO FIND OUT MORE OR TO PLACE YOUR ORDER, JUST SEND ME AN EMAIL OR GIVE ME A CALL ON 01280 820593.
• Get more for your money - place an order for £250 and choose £65 worth of products free! Or join SU and get £155 worth of products for just £99! Offers end 30th May 2013

What a beautiful day it was in Buckingham yesterday! I do feel for my poor daughter who is deep into her AS level exams and unable to make the most of the sunshine. While we were discussing exams yesterday, my youngest son told me that when he was at primary school, he had a question in a maths test that read: Make two statements about this octagon. My son told me that it didn't occur to him to talk about how many sides it had or its line of symmetry; instead he wrote: It's a very interesting shape. This made me cry with laughter - I love hearing his memories about primary school! (Now there's another idea for the This and That journal...)

See you tomorrow for more crafting fun,

19 comments:

  1. Your take on the challenge photo and colours is fab, Vicky. Love the stamps you used, especially your curvy sentiment x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully done - I love all the elements from inspiration piece that you have incorporated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the story about your son--that is just too much! LOVE this card, too! The use of color is fabulous and I LOVE all your white space! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card Vicky, I love these colours too, so pretty together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card Vicky and I love those little banner stamps and die...
    Children say the funniest things they are so innocent at that age..

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving this card Vicky and how you've managed to use all the colours. The colours all look so nice together and this simple little stamp has made a beautiful card.

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Vicky, love everything about it. Oh don't children make you laugh. I am going to write down everything funny our grandsons say.............once they start to talk properly that is lol :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your 3 min cards Vicky, so that's where you get your inspiration from? It still wouldn't have done it for me, that's why you is brill!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet little card. I am collecting teensy card ideas as i have some teensy envelopes to use up...this size of card is great for using up snippets of cardstop!

    I like the colours even if you think you grabbed the wrong ink!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your take on the pendant Vicky, so clever! I've never thought to use that stamp without it's vase!
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Vicky, I love your card especially the design and colours.
    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Certainly DOES NOT look like a 3 minute card!!!(well, it wouldn't be for ME anyway). It is just lovely with the colors & oval cutout. Loved how you took the inspiration from the jewel and translated into a beautiful little card. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  13. A lovely card! And how fun that you adapted elements of the pendant in your image!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So cute Vicki, those three minute flowers. Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at the colourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a pretty card, Vicky, love that you wanted to re-create the look of the stones! Thanks for sharing your card with us at the colourQ.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So that's what you were creating :0) I can see how the photo inspired you alongside the colours, really pretty.
    I laughed out loud about the statement on the octagon, sweet innocence. :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great card! Love how you used the colors and the picture for inspiration. Thanks for playing with us at ColourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Vicky, I love how you've used the shape of the pendant for the basis of your design, it's simply gorgeous!

    Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a sweet little card and with all those elements too! Wonderful use of the inspiration

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)