Pages

Monday 25 November 2013

A great big sassy thank you

When Stampin' Up demonstrators get together we certainly know how to have fun - I'm still buzzing from the best convention ever! Inspiration, motivation, freebies, announcements, new products and releases - all these were there in abundance but it's the people I love most about being a part of Stampin' Up. It was fantastic to be there with so many people who share my passion, meeting up with old friends and making new ones. I made a thank you card today because that's how I'm feeling! Come and see:


Does this remind you of a champagne cork popping? Well that's the look I was aiming for! I stamped the swirl from Everything Eleanor in the corner, added a little Gorgeous Grunge, topped it with a sentiment banner and added bling with a liberal hand!


I used Summer Starfruit and Smoky Slate as a modern version of gold and silver and it provides a nice clean background for the sparkly rhinestones and glimmer paper punched stars.

When I was making this card, I was especially thinking of my lovely customers who make it possible for me to make a business out of my passion for stamping; of my friend and upline Michelle who introduced me to Stampin' Up; of each of my team, the Inkredibles, (Lizy, Jan, Jacqueline, Victoria, Helen, Michelle, Sarn, Barbara, Hilary, Laura, Natalie and Ursula, for their fellowship whether in person or via phone or online and without whose hard work I couldn't have achieved my Silver 2 title; my friends in the 'mother group', the Pinkies, because they're great company and an unfailing support. And I'd also like to thank all of you who tell me you read and enjoy my blog - it means a great deal to me that you come and spend your time here.

And to think - once upon a time I didn't have any of this in my life!

Here's what you'll need to make this project
Stamps: Everything Eleanor, Sassy Salutations
Ink: Summer Starfruit, Smoky Slate, Real Red
Card stock: Smoky Slate, Whisper White
Other: Basic Rhinestones, Merry Minis punch pack, silver glimmer paper, paper snips

Crafting Clare online shop, shopping with Vicky Hayes, Stampin Up clearance rack
You can order from my online shop any time, day or night,
but if you have any queries, or prefer to speak to me, I'm always happy to help.
You can contact me by email or phone on 01280 820593.

I had a fantastic time at Convention but it was lovely to get home too. My youngest son gave me huge hugs and told me he'd missed me. "There was no-one to say mad things," he said in what I'm hoping was a complimentary way. My oldest son had obviously missed me too - I was permitted to sit next to him and watch for a bit while he was gaming on Grand Theft Auto (yes I know, I shuddered too!) "There's some nice scenery," I said. "I know - that's why I play it," said my son. "Why not just try going for a nice walk?" I suggested. He sighed patiently. "I could do," he said. "But it's not the same as going for a drive and seeing it from the comfort of the car you've just stolen!" Oh dear - he has been brought up nicely I promise!

See you tomorrow with some pictures from convention!

8 comments:

  1. You are such a star Vicky and totally deserved your Silver 2 title plus you are the perfect upline. Thanks for looking after me in Manchester - I had such a great time and it was so lovely meeting up with everyone - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a pleasure meeting you at the Convention.I'm Becky from London/Essex with the purpley hair and said I had been stalking you for a year or 2 on your lovely inspirational blog.Many thanks xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your silver 2 Vicky very well deserved....love your thank you card..

    ANne

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an absolutely fantastic card. Love your blog and your creations. Congratulations on your success! Doris

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Vicky, I can see a lot of other sentiments on this versatile card, it looks like an explosion of happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was so lovely to meet you at convention. Thank you for being so sweet and kind to myself and Joyce - convention virgins!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely fizzy card! So glad you had a good time at convention.

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Forgot to mention . . . I am happy to be part of your team. You are a FAB Upline! xxx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)