Pages

Friday 1 November 2013

A Simply Sketched bit of twine

When I saw the challenge at Less is More to use twine, I went for an unusual idea (here) for my first entry but you know, sometimes a simple idea works too! Here's my second entry:


Oh I do enjoy making a sponged scene! This one was made in autumnal coloured inks with the bird from the wonderful Simply Sketched hostess set teamed with the grasses from Love and Sympathy and Wetlands.


Stampin' Up's linen thread works beautifully with these country-style scenes and one of my favourite ways to use it is to nibble an indent either side of the card with a punch and use it to anchor the twine. I used the ornament punch from the Merry Minis punch pack to make my indents.


I made a little box to go with this card. It housed a gift for a lovely customer of mine to thank her for using my online shop for the first time when it launched. The fabulous leaf and berry image is another of the stunning stamps in the Simply Sketched set.


This would make a pretty Christmas presentation box if you swapped the colours for traditional greens and reds and perhaps added a little glitter! I love making these boxes and am currently working on a video tutorial to show you how easy they are!

Here's what you'll need to make this project
Stamps: Simply Sketched, Love and Sympathy, Wetlands, Petite Pairs
Ink: Always Artichoke, Summer Starfruit, Wild Wasabi, Crumb Cake
Card stock: Naturals Ivory, Very Vanilla, Cajun Craze
Other: Markers, Merry Minis punch pack, 3/4" circle punch, linen thread, Simply Scored, paper snips, stamp-a-majig

Crafting Clare online shop, shopping with Vicky Hayes, Stampin Up clearance rack
You can order from my online shop any time, day or night,
but if you have any queries, or prefer to speak to me, I'm always happy to help.
You can contact me by email or phone on 01280 820593.

We had such a wonderful time yesterday evening! We always celebrate halloween by going out for a family meal and this time we chose to go to Las Iguanas for an evening of fabulous South American flavour! Half way through the evening one of us wondered why the large table next to us remained empty... until we decided it was probably already occupied - by a family of ghosts!

Hope you have a lovely weekend,

7 comments:

  1. Hello Vicky, I love your card. The background sponging is wonderful, and the bit of twine certainly adds that finishing touch. I also like the 'unusual' use of twine - you are very creative. Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card and gift box Vicky...lovely image a great background

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Vicky . . . love this sponged and sketchy imaged card. Good to hear you enjoyed yourself out for dinner last night. Have a great weekend.

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card and coordinating box. I can't wait to see the tutorial because this is a nice size box. It's wonderful that you have a family tradition each year. I'm glad the dinner companions at the table next to you were not loud and obnoxious. Ghosts have been known to cause a lot of trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful colouring, beautiful card, fabulous box, love the notch for the twine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry that I'm so late in visiting this time!
    This is as gorgeous as ever Vicky!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card and box
    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)