Pages

Wednesday 27 November 2013

A Simply Sketched Christmas

What with 18th birthdays and Stampin' Up conventions I've been a bit distracted lately but I woke up yesterday morning with a sudden realisation that it'll be Christmas very soon! I do have quite a pile of Christmas cards but not nearly enough... and anyway, the 'Make a Christmas card featuring a bird' challenge at Less is More was calling to me and I needed a card for Sarn's Rudolph Day challenge too. Here's what I've come up with:


There are loads of gorgeous birds in the Stampin' Up catalogue and I've chosen this one from the Simply Sketched hostess set.  I stamped him and coloured him in like a robin before cutting him out popping him up with a dimensional.


 I've sat him on this branch from the same set which can look very Christmassy or not depending on which colours you use. I used markers to colour everything on this card - including...


... the sentiment - a real favourite of mine from Delightful Dozen. Do you like the way I've made the robin look up at it?!

Here's what you'll need to make this project
Stamps: Simply Sketched, Delightful Dozen
Ink: Wild Wasabi, Pear Pizzazz, Early Espresso, Baked Brown Sugar, Crumb Cake, Crisp Cantaloupe, Raspberry Ripple, Sahara Sand - all in markers
Card stock: Raspberry Ripple, Whisper White
Other: Essentials piercing template, mat and tool, paper snips, stamp-a-majig

Crafting Clare online shop, shopping with Vicky Hayes, Stampin Up clearance rack
You can order from my online shop any time, day or night,
but if you have any queries, or prefer to speak to me, I'm always happy to help.
You can contact me by email or phone on 01280 820593.

Yesterday I mentioned a bit about my trip to Stampin' Up's annual convention - well here's some more if you're interested. And if you're not, do scroll down to the bottom for news of a give away - YAY!

I was staying in the beautiful Midland Hotel along with lots of other demonstrators so, after doing full justice to a full English breakfast, we were able to pop across the road to the convention centre where things were already buzzing. Everyone was carrying their convention bags...


... which were beautifully designed and very practical. They contained free stamp sets and other goodies and became very full as Prize Patrol kept handing out more and more freebies throughout the day!

There were the most stunning displays everywhere of cards and other projects - you really had to be there to get the full impact of these. There were also stations where you could play with some of the new products like the amazing new Undefined kit seen in this short video:



Do you think it looks hard to do? Well it's not I promise you and just think of all the special things you could make! The kit costs £17.95 and I think it would make a unusual Christmas present for almost anyone!

Anyway, back to convention! All through Friday and Saturday there were technique and product demonstrations, as well as business talks, and you could dip in and out and choose whether to go to these. There were some brilliant presentations, some funny, some quite emotional but all incredibly inspiring.

On Friday evening we dressed up in frocks and heels and gathered to cheer ourselves silly while those that had won awards went up on stage. The night ended with a 25th anniversary party with food, music and dancing!

Thank you for reading my ramblings! It's difficult to describe how much fun convention was and how spoilt I felt with all the freebies and wonderful gifts but I'd love to share a bit of that feeling with my customers: I have wrapped up three different gifts which three lucky winners will receive in the post in time for Christmas! I'll have all the details tomorrow so do check back to see!

See you tomorrow,

14 comments:

  1. Sounds like Convention was LOTS of FUN! What a handy backpack you got with all your freebies. Please feel free to ramble to your hearts content :-). Oh, and your Christmas card is just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a delightful card Vicky, I love it.
    The SU convention sounds wonderful, food,drink and freebies...what's not to like? X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Vicky The convention sounds amazing, and throughly enjoyable. It's always brilliant to meet up with old and new friends. I love your card very CAS but beautiful.
    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Vicky . . . LOVE what you've done with Simply Sketched set and Delightful Dozen. Great images and sentiment. Thanks for making a card as part of Rudolph Day.

    Oh how EXCITING - you are a tease about your 3 gifts.

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had a great and rewarding time with well deserved awards too. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your Christmas card Vicky and ooh how lovely to get that backpack full of freebies!
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can feel your excitment through the blog! Love the bird and you did a good job coloring it. That bag is the bomb and how wonderful it was filled with stamp sets! Doesn't get any better than that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. glad you had a fabulous time.. lizy said it was amazing!!

    you card is as fabulous as ever... i love it
    Thanks for joining us this week
    Jen xx
    "Less Is More"

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was great to see you again :) M xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card as usual, the little bird is so sweet. It really does sound like you had an amazing time at the Convention - I am SO jealous! - but I do love to hear about it! x x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks simply great Vicky, it sounds as though you had an amazing time at the convention!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  12. It sounds like you had the most brilliant time, Vicky! Great card too. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card. That bird is coloured so well and love that you did the sentiment with the markers too!

    Have fun at your convention.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)