Pages

Tuesday 25 March 2014

Petal Parade - the leafiest of them all

If you're looking for layout inspiration, the CAS(e) This Sketch challenge never disappoints! There's another cracking sketch there this week and it immediately made me reach for Stampin' Up's Petal Parade free Sale-a-bration set. Come and see:


What do you think? I think it works really well as a mirror image!


I love the strong font from See Ya Later (another set that you can choose free as part of the promotion) and the cursive font from Express Yourself made a nice foil for it, so I used markers and a stamp-a-majig to make a brand new hybrid sentiment. This is so easy to do (click here for a video tutorial) and the possibilities are endless!


I thought this made a nice motif for a male birthday so I made a gift box to go with it. This is another useful basic box to have in your repetoire sp, if you love this idea, look out for my video tutorial coming later in the week!


These will be perfect for my father next month and I can fill the box with something delicious to eat!

Here are the sketch and colour palette I was working from today. Unfortunately I ran out of time to link to ColourQ - the challenge there has closed:


 

HERE'S WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO MAKE THIS PROJECT
(Click on each item to find it quickly in my shop) 
Click above to place an order any time, day or night,
but if you have any queries, or prefer to speak to me, I'm always happy to help.
You can contact me by email or phone on 01280 820593.

CHOOSE A FREE SALE-A-BRATION GIFT WITH EVERY £45 YOU SPEND (excl. p&p)

That gorgeous bedroom in the ColourQ inspiration photo reminds me of a conversation I had with my daughter while looking on Pinterest for ideas for revamping her room.
My daughter: I'd like to be there... you'd get up and make yourself a cup of tea...
Me: Couldn't someone else do that?
My daughter: Well no, because then they'd come in and pester you!
Me: Well you could just hiss at them and watch them scuttle off!

See you tomorrow,


5 comments:

  1. Love how you've used the petals on your card Vicky..lovely card and little box..

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vicky
    Fabulous card and gift box....
    Enjoy your day...
    Hugs Sylvie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect male card. Love the leafiness! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card & packaging! Wonderful take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The stamp works perfectly for the sketch which does work so well on the gift box too...... Love the mix of fonts on the sentiment :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)