Pages

Wednesday 28 May 2014

Stamp an easy background

You know when you make a card and something's missing, it lacks pizzazz... well, that's what was going on with today's card. I'd stamped a tag and carefully coloured it in but frankly it just looked a bit boring so it went in the bin. But then I had an idea - come and see:


The tag was retrieved from the bin and updated with an ikat background and suddenly it seemed much more interesting! I used just one splodgy image from Stampin' Up's free Eyecatching Ikat set and, because it's a clear stamp set, it was so quick and easy to stamp it in a brick pattern.


My tag was mounted onto Pistachio Pudding core'dinations card stock, which I love for its subtle texture, and I trimmed it with a piece of card stock cut with the tiny scallop blade in my Rotary Addition. The sentiment and ribbon were added in the same bright Pumpkin Pie colour - I love the way everything matches!

• Eyecatching Ikat is one of three gorgeous photopolymer stamp sets you can choose as a free gift with every £60 you spend. Offer ends on Friday - click here for details.

I shall be linking this card up with Seize the Birthday where the optional topping is to use a tag on a card; and ATCAS where the cue word is Texture.

HERE'S WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO MAKE THIS CARD
(Click on each item to find it quickly in my shop) 
Click above to place an order any time, day or night,
but if you have any queries, or prefer to speak to me, I'm always happy to help.
You can contact me by email or phone on 01280 820593.

I did manage to get out into the garden yesterday, despite the rain, and you'll be glad to know that the Rambling Rector has been firmly put in his place. My children are off school for half term so my youngest son joined me and helped me plant some sweet pea seedlings. While we built the support for these, he told me about how much he'd enjoyed Gardening Club at primary school where they had grown all sorts of vegetables and flowers including sweet peas. "I remember that to make the flowers grow," he told me, "we had to snip the pods off with er... what are those pointy things?" I giggled. "Fingers?" He looked at me sternly. "Secateurs!" he said.

See you tomorrow,


12 comments:

  1. Vicky, your card is beautiful, and I agree with you about the background. the splash of orange makes everything pop.
    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. First up - thanks for adding the "Singing in the Rain" video clip a couple of days back, I couldn't help but laugh!!!

    The colours you used today are quite eye-catching and for a "bin" project, it looks terrific. I'm so glad you rescued the original piece of card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - FAB save from the large filing container! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card for a bin retrieval!! And weren't you put in you place in the gardening department by the budding Alan Titchmarsh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done for saving your tag Vicky, it's gorgeous! So glad to hear that the Rambling Rector has been exorcised:)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad you retrieved this tag...and adding the Ikat was a perfect solution, although your coloring was very pretty without it! it does take it up a notch, however!! Thank you for sharing this at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty tag on a card! I adore that look~ Thanks for joining in with ATCAS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant save and brilliant color combination, Vicky!! Thank you for playing in the texture challenge at ATCAS!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Vicky such a pretty card and the dash/slash of orange is a perfect accompaniment to it. Thanks so much for joining us again at ATCAS always such a pleasure too see you here.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card Vicky - so glad you saved your pretty tag! Thanks so much for joining our challenge at ATCAS.

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous tag card Vicky. Love the pops of orange! Thanks for joining us at ATCAS.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your tag is beautiful! Love the CAS design and the great colour combo. Thanks for playing along with Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)