Pages

Friday 31 October 2014

Another no sewing canvas bag using Build a Banner flags from Stampin' Up

The Stampin' Up Build a Banner kits are fabulous for setting the scene at a celebration but you don't always need all the flags - so what do you do with the left over ones? I came up with the idea of making a no sewing required gift bag/pouch with a pair of them (see the original post here) and I've taken the idea a step further today. Come and see:


This time I stamped the canvas with a floral design using Memento black ink and coloured it in with Stampin' Up's fabulous blendabilities alcohol markers.


I'm delighted with the way it turned out and yet again those fab markers have proved that they really deserve a place at the top of your Stampin' Up wish lists! The stamp set is a hostess set appropriately named I Like You - and I must say I certainly do!


I love the way the eyelets on the flags form the perfect place to thread a handle through. I made this bag's handle with the gorgeous Blackberry Bliss stitched satin ribbon.

The Build a Banner kits are great fun - and there's a refill pack too containing just blank flags and twine for stringing them together....


... and now you can make bags out of the left over ones! Watch out for a video tutorial coming very soon! EDITED TO ADD: And here it is:



BUY THE SUPPLIES TO MAKE TODAY'S CANVAS BAG NOW!
(Click on any item to be transported to my online shop!) 
If you have any queries, or prefer to speak to me, I'm happy to help.
You can contact me by email or phone on 01280 820593.

I  have filmed a video tutorial for my canvas bag but just need to edit and upload it.. I meant to have it on this blog post but yesterday, I got back from the chores to find my youngest son not feeling well. He was running a temperature so I ran him a tepid bath and made him a nest on the sofa afterwards. It was then that he melted my heart by saying "Thank you for being with me." Well it's my privilege - the video will wait. EDITED TO ADD: Video now uploaded because my poorly pudding has been asleep for much of the day. Poor old chap being ill in the holidays :(

I hope you have a lovely weekend with happy trick-or-treating for those that celebrate Halloween. See you very soon,

6 comments:

  1. So lovely Vicky.... Love the shading on the flowers.
    Suzi B xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally brilliant.

    Hope your son feels better soon.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Vicky

    What a fabulous and gorgeous bag, it's lovely. The flowers look amazing and I love the use of eyelets on the sides of the bag.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet little bag - I am happy to wait for the video - hope your little guy is feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marisela Delgado said: Wow,wow,wow, Vicky! You blow me away, girl! Awesome job on those boxes. Awesome! Marisela in San Antonio, TX mariandmonsterd@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)