Pages

Thursday 16 July 2015

Personalised teen birthday - Stampin' Up Artisan blog hop

It's Thursday so that means it's time to whizz around the world to see what Stampin' Up's fabulous Artisan Design Team have been up to! Are you ready to be inspired?!

CELEBRATE A SPECIAL DATE
I've been thinking about teen birthdays just lately and have come up with something that can easily be adapted to suit teenagers of either gender with virtually any interest. Come and see:


A little bit of no-fuss personalisation! Personalising the date is a great way to make a teen feel special. I used the Day to Day stamp set for mine and I can highly recommend this useful stamp set for cards as well as scrapbook projects.


The rest of the greeting is from a great little set called Words of Truth. I stamped these on a lined paper from the Schoolhouse designer paper pack for a bit of extra interest.


Once you have your teen's special date stamped you can add an image which reflects their interests (I've added a bicycle here but the possibilities are endless!)


I punched my bike out of another of the great papers in the Schoolhouse pack using the extra large oval punch. To create a badge-style embellishment, I punched three more ovals out of Pool Party card stock and glued them in a stack with the bike on top.


Have you noticed the stars? These were cut out with one click of the Confetti Stars border punch and are such a quick way to embellish your projects!

I hope this idea comes in handy for those tricky teen cards. And now it's time to carry on with the blog hop!  Click on the button below to visit the rest of the team, starting with Allison Okamitsu :)




BUY THE SUPPLIES TO MAKE THIS CARD NOW!
Click on any item to be transported to my online shop!

If you have any queries, or prefer to speak to me, I'm happy to help.
You can contact me by email or phone on 01280 820593.

Today's card was a prototype for my eldest son who celebrates his birthday on the last day of July - the same date as Harry Potter no less! Once he'd read that, he felt a special affinity with HP and once was so convincing about blurred vision that I whisked him off for an emergency eye test. When I saw him lurking wistfully around the Harry Potter glasses display in the waiting room, I became quite thoughtful and was remarkably calm when the optician told me anxiously that she had tested and tested again and could find nothing wrong with my son's 20/20 vision!

I'll be back tomorrow with more crafting fun. Do come and join me :)

4 comments:

  1. SUCH a great card! I love the story about your son, hahaha....! KIDS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! Boys & their shenanigans! Love how you used that cute little bicycle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GREAT card, Vicky! The story about your son reminds me about my own Harry Potter. My eldest, whose birthday is also the last day of the month, but in his case, December, started wearing glasses a number of years ago. His first pair? Yep, you guessed it, they made him look just like Harry :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey super idea! I need to do this for my Project Life :-) really cool to mark a date!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)