Pages

Saturday 27 July 2019

Making stamps work harder

Hello crafting pals!

I've been looking more closely at my new Beautiful Branches set from Concord & 9th. It's full of nature images - flowers, leaves, berries, branches... and paper lanterns! Pardon? I hear you say! Yes! One of those leaf stamps works beautifully as the kind of paper lanterns people hang in trees at celebrations :) Come and see:


I used the round leaf (pointy bit up) to make my lanterns. They were inked up with Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo, Coastal Cabana and Pumpkin Pie markers and I used the thin end of the markers to add horizontal lines to give them that lantern-ish look!



The lanterns are hanging from the gorgeous large branch in the set. I used the tiny leaf to add summer foliage, repeatedly inking up with an Old Olive marker... and I will be glad when my ink pads arrive, let me tell you!

ONE FOR THE BOYS
I thought I might use the lantern look for a more masculine card too. The Rainbow Card Challenge is looking for cards using the colour blue and/or inspired by this graphic.


Here's my take:


I love the lanterns in shades of moody blue! I kept things a bit simpler on this card, opting for a doodled string to hang the lanterns from, sponging in the suggestion of a sky and adding thin strips of card stock to frame the sentiment.



The sentiment, on this card and the previous one, is from the perfect birthday sentiment set - Birthday Wishes by Alte & New. It's a set that says happy birthday in various ways and in a variety of fonts - that's it! Just what I've always wanted!


It's raining in the heart of England today. I thought I'd enjoy the novelty after the searing temperatures of last week but no, all things considered, the rain is a bit wet! Excellent crafting weather though, am I right?!

Thanks for visiting me here today :) I'll be back soon with more to show you from my new stash!

14 comments:

  1. Love the lanterns in the tree Vicky - both cards again are so creative! Love the line detail on the lanterns, so realistic. You are doing well with those markers although I can understand why you are looking forward to the arrival f new ink pads! Enjoy your crafting- I am out of the rain but sat at a swimming gala in a stifling hot pool all weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! The crafting opportunities at a swimming gala are quite limited!

      Delete
  2. Just beautiful and so creative. Oh how I miss the England rain when I visited!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so creative Vicky, I love your lanterns in both colours and SUPER cards. Love what you are doing with those stamps.
    In my part of Wales we have bright sunshine and 22C lubberly LOL.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Faith! Lucky you - there's nowhere more beautiful in the sunshine! x

      Delete
  4. Brilliant idea! I love the alterative use for the stamps. . .I lack imagination so I am grateful to you for sharing your ideas. Thank you
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't believe you lack imagination but you're welcome! x

      Delete
  5. What a great way to get more mileage out of a stamp, Vicky! Love your lanterns! Rainy days are the best crafty days!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Vicki, I am so delighted that your come back to blogging, I had missed you and wondered about you often. I Went to Florida in November and meet up with Lynne and said that I had missed you blogging. So you can imagine who excited I was to see you back here. Your style is still lovely and crisp. Today we had a class and Teneale had done a lovely what I call crisp card, they ladies loved it and it reminded me of your style. Your very clever and I am pleased to see you back.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These lanterns are inspired Vicky - in blue and multi coloured. Thank you for sharing your card with us at the Rainbow Card Challenge - it's lovely to see you here xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both cards are stunning, Vicky! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so clever to use these leaves as lanterns, Vicky. Two beautiful cards, my friend. TFS Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)