Pages

Thursday 15 August 2019

Well done my son!

Hello crafting friends!

I'm in celebratory mood today! It's A Level results day in the UK, as some of you may know, and I'm delighted to say my youngest son got what he needed and has secured his place at university :) Naturally I made a card to mark the occasion. Come and see:


I've gone for a simple one layer card, starting by stamping the sentiments from my well-used Enjoy It All set by Concorde and 9th. I then went on a hunt for star stamps, eventually finding these in some Stampin' Up sets I managed to squirrel away during The Great Cull (all retired now.) The largest star is from Simply Stars - no surprises there - but I found the tiny star in Holiday Home and the outline star in White Christmas. It's definitely worth having a closer look at stamp sets as they can often be used for all sorts of occasions they weren't intended for!


I kept the colours are light and bright for a celebratory vibe, choosing Calypso Coral, Mango Melody and Mint Macaron. It would've been nice to add some punched stars - aaargh! I really miss my Confetti Stars border punch! But I think I shall invest in the Twinkle punch as it's less of an awkward size, and you get plenty of stars as well as a bonus moon!

There's a CAS challenge at Addicted to Stamps and More at the moment, so I'll enter this card there.


AND IN OTHER NEWS
I've been thinking about my son today. When he was 3 or 4, someone gave him a flying jacket and a Biggles-style hat. "You look just like a proper pilot!" we told him, smiling as he squared his little shoulders and got the dreamy look in his eye. When we got in the car to go to playgroup, we'd pretend we were in an aeroplane. "Just taxi-ing onto the runway now Wing Commander!" I'd say. And he'd reply: "Roger, roger! Cleared for take-off!" Sometimes I'd say "Oi! Who are you calling Roger?" to make him laugh.

Thanks for joining in our celebrations today. I hope all students picking up results today got what they hoped for and, if not, may they remember that there's more than one path to a happy future.

Hugs,

16 comments:

  1. Fun colors, Vicky! Congratulations to your son!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to your son! This is adorable.. a wonderful CAS OLC. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant CAS card for your son's terrific news. Congratulations! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Sarn! We are celebrating like loons! xxx

      Delete
  4. What a great CAS congratulations card - well done on your son's success!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How Wonderful, you have good reason to be proud, your card is perfect for his success, he is a Star. Good luck to him in University.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  6. sweet Little stars and love your colorful Sentiment
    sweet CAS Card
    PS: many thanks for joining with us at ATSM this time
    hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monika and thanks for the inspiration!

      Delete
  7. Fab card, Vicky. Congrats to the drama king! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Vicky!!! It's so great to see you back in action with this perfectly CAS creation. Congratulations to your boy. I loved your card making from years ago, welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your boy's achievement and on having this delightfully CAS card featured at ATSM. Thanks also for popping by my blog and leaving me a sweet comment.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)