Pages

Tuesday 25 February 2020

Come on - let's Be Merry!

Hello crafting friends!

Happy Rudolph Day! Yes, it's the 25th of the month today and I'm being very good and remembering that in a few short months we'll all be scrambling around for Christmas cards! Let's be merry and bright for a moment shall we?!


Emboldened by my success with a ombré watercolour wash on this card, I went for it again, thinking it would add a warm background glow to the fabulous Be Merry stamp set by WPlus9. To be honest, with freezing winds and rain outside, it wasn't hard for me to get into the mind set!


When the wash was dry, I stamped the largest stamp onto it with Memento Black ink and coloured the 'Merry' with an alcohol marker. The set comes with flowers and leaves - YES! This set has the versatility factor! - which I used to embellish the bottom of the card.


The largest flower was stamped again, using Stazon ink on red foil card stock. I fussy cut it, went round the edges with a dark red alcohol marker and popped it up over the stamped flower. It looks pretty in real life but it's not easy to photograph I can tell you! The leaves were coloured with an alcohol marker and they feature berries which I decorated with clear gems.


As an extra detail, I cut the panel with a Heffy Doodles stitched rectangle die, glued the frame onto a card base and carefully replaced the cut panel into it.

Edited to add: I was proud to get a shout out from Jingle Belles for this card!

CHALLENGES
As well as Maureen's Rudolph Day challenge, where it's one entry and anything Christmas goes, I'm going to link this card up with Jingle Belles' Better Off Red challenge and The Christmas Kickstart Challenge where the theme is also Red. I'm hoping the foil accent flower is enough for an entry in the 52 Christmas Card Throwdown challenge as well :)


AND IN OTHER NEWS
Yesterday, my eldest son had a day off work. While I was pottering about clearing up, Eva was lying on the sofa dreaming golden retriever dreams when suddenly, she woke up, hopped off the sofa, ran upstairs and scratched at my son's door. He came to the door to see what was up and she greeted him like a long lost pal, hen noises and everything! She loves all the family of course, but I've never seen her wake up and purposely go in search of one of them.

Dogs are amazing, creatures aren't they?! Do you have one? I'd love to hear about the special things your dog does!

Hugs,

26 comments:

  1. Another terrific ombre card.
    HAPPY RUDOLPH DAY.

    Eva is amazing! I love that she rushed off to find your son.

    Hug x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Rudolph Day to you too (and why are you shouting?!!! Must be the excitement!)
      That was such a cute thing Eva did - almost as if she'd been dreaming of him.
      Hug
      xxx

      Delete
  2. I like the added flower and the bling berries on your card today! ~ I have a grand dog named Wilson, He's a golden doodle and he's beautiful :) ~ Give Eva a good scratch for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen! I absolutely want to meet Wilson (great name!) A good old scritch and Eva is your slave for life!

      Delete
  3. I think they would be Merry and Bright if I received this stunning card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am quite sure you are merry and bright anyway Lynn! x

      Delete
  4. That ombre wash is beautiful! I have not tried that technique yet, but now I sure want to!!!

    Beautiful card and thanks for taking part in the February Rudolph Days Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for having me! For ages I was scared to do an ombré wash with dark colours but when I tried it, it was actually easy peasy!

      Delete
  5. What a "warm" and happy card vicky, love the added flower.
    Yep! dogs are just wonderful, we miss ours even after over 10 years, she was a "perfect" friend.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh bless you Faith. I absolutely understand you still missing your friend even after 10 years. They are just always with you aren't they and no-one gives such a pure love as a dog. Sending hugs xx

      Delete
  6. A really lovely RD card, love the shaded background and the super large sentiment. Happy Rudolph Day.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kath! Isn't this stamp set gorgeous?! I told myself sternly that I didn't need any more Christmas stamps but I caved in pretty quickly ;)
      x

      Delete
  7. Such a beautiful card Vicky, I love it when the sentiment is the focal point. Thank you for joining the February Rudolph Days Challenge.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was just the weather for making Christmas cards Sue! AND it gave me an excuse to get out a NBUS as Darnell would say!
      xx

      Delete
  8. It's so pretty, Vicky. I'm thinking about Christmas to the point I've bought a couple appropriate Groovi plates, but I'm yet to actually create one. Think I'll wait until after Easter to do that, which will still be the earliest ever! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh what an absolutely BEAUTIFUL card on every level but that gorgeous ombre watercolor background totally takes it to the next level and beyond! wow! so pleased you could join our JINGLE BELLES fun with this fortnight! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lauren - and thanks for the shout out on your site :)

      Delete
  10. This is rather lovely Vicky - the wash is fabulous! No dogs here I'm afraid (the lack of dog and a trampoline have me pegged as the meanest Mummy ever!!) My brother-in-law does however have a gorgeous Cava-poo called Ollie that we get to look after sometimes, who is an absolute joy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most mummies have to suffer that tag when they decide it isn't a good idea to do whatever their enthusiastic offspring feel is right! Lovely to be able to look after your BiL's dog :)

      Delete
  11. congratulations on the shout out! I absolutely love this card - so rich with the foil. Beautiful work. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too Deborah - knew your card was a winner! xx

      Delete
  12. This is just stunning, Vicky! Thanks for playing at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Très elegante carte Vicky, magnifique rouge, merci de jouer avec nous chez 52cct, biz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fabiola - and thanks for the fun challenge! x

      Delete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)