Pages

Sunday 9 February 2020

My faithful valentine

Hello crafting friends!

I know I said there would be no more valentines here but then I suddenly realised I'd missed out someone VERY important! Come and see:


She is an absolute sweetheart who has stolen my heart, and she is the most beautiful (floofy) girl in the world!

The golden retriever stamp is by Dimension Stamps who are sadly not trading any more. I stamped the dog with light brown ink, adding pale yellow watercolour and white craft ink for the coat and black detail around the eyes, muzzle and nose.


The grass is from Stampin' Up's Enjoy Life - I knew that would come in handy! I've given my dog a tuggy toy heart to retrieve, made with a punched heart with some twine threaded through it, which I also threaded through the dog's mouth and knotted the other side. The dog has been trimmed to the edge of the card.


To finish the card, I stamped a couple of sweet sentiments from Clearly Besotted's Fresh Flowers. Of course this card isn't really for my Eva - she'd only eat it! - but it would make a great valentine for anyone, male or female, who loves dogs, or even a valentine FROM the family dog!

EDITED TO ADD AN AWARD
So pleased to be Honourably Mentioned at CASology with this card!


CHALLENGES
I'm linking this card up with:
CASology, where the cue card is Sweetheart; The Male Room where they're looking for masculine 'Heart You' cards; The Allsorts Challenge, where they'd like us to add 'At Least One Heart' to our creations; CAS on Friday, where the theme is Love; and AAA cards, where we are required to use up to one third of the card front, and with an optional twist of Hearts.


AND IN OTHER NEWS
The inspiration for today's card was a conversation I had with a lady yesterday. She has a beautiful golden retriever and told me her husband had given him to her. The pup had a ring and a tag tied to his collar with ribbon and the tag said 'Will you marry me?' How romantic is that?! Now, I want to be quite clear, I don't approve of people using puppies as a means of proposing but this couple had been together for a long time and had already talked about getting a dog together. Also, it's a good thing my husband didn't propose like this as I would have burst!!!

Did you have an unusual proposal or do you know someone that has? I'd love to hear about it!

Hugs,

37 comments:

  1. A really super CAS card with a lovely image and great fussy cutting. Thank you for joining our 'At least one heart' challenge at Allsorts.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable....what a fun way to use these challenges! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops, and I forgot to comment...that was a cute way to propose, but I am like you....I would freak out! A puppy, a ring and a husband? Yikes! My DH just got down on his knee, very traditional, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! So much happiness!!! Bless your hubby's traditional heart :)

      Delete
  4. I have two of fluffy fur babies, they certainly do steal your heart. Wonderful card and it's so sad you can't buy that stamp anymore :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always blow your fur babies a kiss when I come and visit your blog Christine! Goldens are the best dogs in the world (although other breeds are also VERY good at stealing your heart!)
      Always sad when a stamp company stops trading and this one was UK based too :(

      Delete
  5. Ack - what an adorable card! I am in love with the pup holding a heart!! Thank you for joining us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are obviously a dog lover Karen! Eva is always coming up to us with something in her mouth, not usually a heart - mostly a shoe, a sock or, if we're not careful, some underwear!!!

      Delete
  6. AWESOME! Just . . . AWESOME!

    Hug xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. How very sweet!!
    Thank you so much for joining us at Allsorts challenge!
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh gosh, you had me at the dog and hearts, but the proposal took me over the edge. What a sweet and fantastic card, and a lovely love story. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are a woman after my own heart Joyce!
      Thanks for the fabulous inspiration at CASology :)

      Delete
  9. I can see why she has stolen your heart! So sweet. And your card is too. Thanks for joining AAA Cards! Hugs Ă…sa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is totally adorable and such a character!
      Thanks for the fun at AAA Cards :)

      Delete
  10. That certainly looks like Eva! What a great Valentine, Vicky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it does - which is slightly strange considering I bought this stamp before Eva came to us! Thanks Bonnie!

      Delete
  11. This is total sweetness! Nothing truer than the love of a good dog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awh, how sweet is he with his valentine heart! Great card! Thanks for playing along at CAS on Friday! Crafty hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was best to show the 'before' moment! A torn to shreds heart tuggy doesn't really share the right valentine message!!!

      Delete
  13. oh wow - this has blown me away - love it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awww! Adorable! Perfectly placed too. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you join in with future challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm not really blogging as on two weeks screen rest after eye op, but one of my team mailed me your card as she knew I would love it and I do, adorable. B x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless you Brenda, thank you for popping over to visit. But do take care of those eyes!! x

      Delete
  16. Hi Vicky, your card is so sweet! A great Valentine's card, love it :-)
    Thanks for joining us at CAS on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love hearing about your Eva and this card is a super tribute to her! Thanks for playing along at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What an adorable card, how did I miss this? The story associated with it is so AW! A Super proposal too. With both my hats on Thank you so much for joining us in our Heart challenge at The Male Room this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.

    Faith The Male Room DT

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a great card with the doggo on it! Thanks for playing along with us at AAACards!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)