Pages

Saturday 22 February 2020

Snuggle up warm!

Hello crafting friends!

When I buy stamp sets, I usually think carefully about how versatile they're going to be. I like my stamp sets to work hard for their place in the Craft Square Metre! But the set I'm using today was bought for the sheer pleasure of it - it reminded me of the paper dolls my daughter played with as a child. Come and see:


The set is Winter Wear by Concorde & 9th - and I believe there are a couple more sets that coordinate with it. The girl has a choice of scarves, hats, hairstyles etc and I love it to bits!


Just LOOK at her! Isn't she the cutest little bean?! I gave her a pair of jazzy green specs and snuggled her up in a gorgeous chevron scarf :)


The set has sentiments based around the words 'warm' and 'cozy' spelled the American way. But after wielding a pair of sharp scissors, I'm happy to just be sending warm hugs rather than warm and cosy ones!


I liked the idea of everything being black and white except the glasses and scarf.  The scarf was popped up on dimensionals for extra interest.

CHALLENGES
I'm linking this card up with the Allsorts challenge where they're asking us to Make It Girly; Addicted To Stamps And More, where it's a Make Your Mark challenge, so it's all about colouring; the colour inspiration came from the gorgeous palette at CAS on Sunday.


AND IN OTHER NEWS
When my daughter was very young, I used to make paper dolls for her with a selection of fun outfits. And then we realised there was a whole rich source to be tapped online and we were kept busy printing them off. Then SIMs came along, a computer game, where you could make your own characters, deciding what they looked like and selecting from a whole wardrobe of clothes. Fast forward to today and that love of putting outfits together has never left my creative girl who now sews her own clothes!

I'm guessing many of us crafters can date our love of colour, pattern and style back to our colouring, glueing and sticking days as children. Is that true of you?

Hugs,

21 comments:

  1. Yep . . . I also love the way its a monochrome image with pops of jazzy colour.

    Due to be VERY windy again tomorrow . .. so will no doubt be using a scarf and hat when I go out!

    Much hyg
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarn!

      When will it stop being windy? It seems so pointless brushing my hair in the mornings!

      Hyg and a half
      xxx

      Delete
  2. Your card is amazing Vicky ;O)
    Thank you for joining Cas on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Janneke. LOVE your colour palette this week! x

      Delete
  3. I am very tempted to say "How cool is this"? A brilliant image and a super CAS/LIM card, love the colours too.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol Kath - she looks as warm as toast to me! Those colours are from CAS on Friday and they're gorgeous aren't they! x

      Delete
  4. So sweet ~ perfect thinking of you card to make someone smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes indeed Vicky, I can recall Blue Peter days with the children making paper cones for bodies, ping pong balls for heads then scraps of dressmaking fabric to clothe them.

    So I can see the appeal of this stamp set, but of course far more sophisticated and the striking colours really draw the eye.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ones my daughter liked were the flat paper ones with clothes that have tabs to fit them onto the body. You can get some VERY sophisticated ones! I have to confess I loved making them for her! x

      Delete
  6. It's a gorgeous stamp - like you I try to make them considered purchases but sometimes you just got to have it! Love your CAS card. Thanks for joining in with my "make it girly" challenge at Allsorts.
    Lynn x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. A Beautiful image, love her green specs and "cosy" scarf.
    Funny you saying about American spelling, I saw someone had asked a USA designer to include the word colour with a "u", as it was only the USA that didn't use the "u", something I didn't know.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I saw that too - a whole set of sentiments spelled in the English way! I wondered if they'd sell because in my experience, Brits like simple to the point sentiments - Happy birthday, Merry Christmas, Happy Easter etc!

      Delete
  8. Aw, it's like a big hug in a card! Simply gorgeous. Thanks so much for joining us in our colour challenge. Cheers, Kerry DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loved those colours Kerry! She's a cutie in her snuggly scarf isn't she?!

      Delete
  9. Love this fun card and how you applied the colours from the challenge in the scarf! Thanks for playing along at CAS on Friday Challenges! Crafty hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. I adore this card ... perfection with the colors

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is amazing! Simply love it. Thanks for joining us at CAS on Friday!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)