Pages

Monday 28 December 2020

A rummage through the snippets box

Hello, crafting friends!

I don't know about you but it feels like ages since I looked at my craft stash. I decided to make cards to thank friends and relatives for their gifts but my mojo appeared to still be in festive mode and thought we should have some more of those nice chocolates and watch a film instead! It was tempting, but I told Mr Mojo that we'd do nothing of the kind, reached for my snippets box and tipped out the contents.


And there we are - instant inspiration! It's always such a good idea to have a play with all those things you stamped and coloured but then didn't use, or the things that were trimmed off things you did use, or the embellishments you die cut but then went with something different instead... Here's what I made today:


A collage of (from left to right) a piece of card snipped off a stitched die cut frame, a trimming from card stock that had been stamped with Gingham by Kaisercraft, a small strip of striped green paper and two skinny strips of Christmas paper by Stampin' up, and finally, a 'ric rac' that was the lucky result of some die cutting with Lawn Fawn's Wavy Borders.


After attaching everything to the card base, I added a popped up sentiment from Hello and Thanks by WPlus9 that I'd once stamped and fussy cut but never used. There were two die cut silver snowflakes in the box too and I used those embellished with clear gems.

EDITED TO ADD AN AWARD
Thrilled to see that my snippety card won a diamond award at Color My Heart Color Dare!


CHALLENGES
This is my entry for the Grand Prize Draw at the Snippet Playground where Miss Di is doing a sterling job of brightening the end of this unpleasant year. I'm also going to link up my traditional Christmas colours with Color My Heart Color Dare 423.


AND IN OTHER NEWS
We've had a restful and happy Christmas with excellent food (although perhaps a little too much of it!) A certain young lady became rather excited at the present opening and offered to help everyone unwrap their gifts. Fortunately, before things got out of hand, she was given her own present. She spent some delightful moments savaging the wrapping before discovering a plush tree trunk with little squeaky animals inside. Pulling the little animals out of her tree stump kept her bus all through Singing In The Rain after lunch!


Sending hugs, 

16 comments:

  1. OH! What a wonderful creation Vicky, my mojo has certainly left until I HAD to do a DT card, but then it left straight away afterwards, probably too much food and TV! I'm so glad you had a good Christmas with Eva.
    Keep safe
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of the lovely colourful snippets.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your snippets card,Eva looks delighted with her gift

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a lovely card, so CAS and so pleasing to use up bits from the scrap box. Thanks for playing along with Color My Heart Color Dare. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea going through your UFO and Snippets box, I love the card and I'm sure the recipient will also.
    OMG Eva looks like she's having a wonderful time with her new toy, our two pooches were glued to the Turkey not that they could have any but the smell was too much for them :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well that's a gorgeous snippets card that Mr Mojo was forced to produce from the pile.

    Glad to hear you enjoyed Christmas . . . and that Eva had a good time too.

    Hug, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these bright snippets that make such a perfect thank you card, Vicky!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sometimes scraps make the best cards - this is terrific! Thanks for sharing with us at Colour Dare :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving your CAS Snippets Thank you card design, Vicky. So much interest and creativity with all the different colors and designs. You are soooo clever, my friend. Loved the photo of Eva and her cool Christmas present and wrapping:-) Wishing you another very creative New Year. Love and Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great idea, I have so many snippets and never think to use them and they are all in one place... I must go digging through them. Very pretty snippets card. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely display of work as always and thank you for your inspiration this year.

    Stay safe and well and let's all pray for a much better 2021.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this card and the fact you pulled from all your snippets is awesome! Thank you for joining us at Color Dare!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great card! I love the colors of Christmas as a thank you collage ~ and Eva got a log full of stuffies?! how fun ~ Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your card -- I have so much pattern paper, and rarely use it. This is a great way to showcase it. And multiple uses are coming into my head. And I love your pup helping with the unwrapping. Our grandpup helped too - until he found the box of special oreos!! Dogs and chocolate are not a good combo! But all is well. Enjoy the new year. And thanks again for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful snippets card Vicky - and that was a lovely selection of offcuts you had to choose from! Perhpas that's a bit of my problem - I tuck all the patterned ones into pouches in the back of the relevant paper pad - which makes having a good old shuffle around more difficult! Lovely photo of dear Eva - she looks so cuddly and gentle.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)