Pages

Monday 18 January 2021

Double flowers

Hello, crafting friends!

I've got two cards for you today. I made them yesterday but it got dark and so I was unable to photograph and post them. Roll on those lighter, later days!

CARD ONE
The first card is a cheerful note card that could double up as a valentine. It uses two new items as well as an old favourite.


I've been waiting for the right moment to bring out Mama Elephant's Botanic Envelope Die and having used it once, I love it to bits! The die comes with leaves to arrange in your envelope but I opted to fill it with it with flowers from Clearly Besotted's Blossoms in Bloom stamp set. These were stamped, coloured with alcohol markers in lovely bright colours and fussy cut. The die set includes a trim for the envelope which I cut out of white card. I wanted it to be a bright blue but didn't have a card in that colour, so I coloured it with an alcohol marker, making sure to run round the edges too.


I created a background for my envelope by sponging blue ink directly onto a card base around one of the masks from Funky Fossil's Postage Frame stencil. I added the postmark from the stencil too, using a neutral ink, and stamped over it with a sentiment from the Blossoms in Bloom set.

CARD TWO
I needed a get well card so used the same stamp from the Blossoms in Bloom set. I was aiming for a very soft look for this card because we don't want our poorly puddings getting over-stimulated do we?!


I stamped the floral spray onto a card panel using a pale green ink, masked it with a mask made with a sticky note, and stamped it again to make a larger grouping. The flowers were coloured with alcohol markers in pale colours and I masked them off again to sponge around them with pale blue ink.


The sentiment is from Uniko's Simply Said Blocks, which I stamped, heaty embossed twice with clear embossing powder and snipped out with paper snips. I thought the high gloss sentiment would make a nice contrast with the soft flowers.


And here are both cards together!

UPDATED TO ADD AN AWARD
I was delighted the envelope card got a mention at The Color Throwdown!

CHALLENGES
I'm linking up both cards with The Twofer Card Challenge where we are asked to make two different designs for different occasions, using the same stamp or die. The theme this month is Flowers; I'm also joining in with Inkspirational where the word prompt is Mask - both cards use this technique.


With card one I'm also joining in with The Color Throwdown where there's a lovely bright colour palette from new team member Susie; also The Uniko Challenge where Anything Goes and the optional twist is to Use a Stencil; and also the NBUS challenge where I'm sharing my Never Before Used Schtencil and Die.


With card two, I'm playing along with Inspire Create where there's a beautifully versatile sketch; and also CAS on Friday, where the theme is Feel Better.


AND IN OTHER NEWS
I live in a small market town in the middle of England and a few local friends and I are operating a book share. We email or phone each other about the things we've been reading and recommend books to like-minded readers. There's no pressure to take or read the books but it's a way of keeping in touch and we veracious readers are so grateful for the (so far!) unending supply of entertainment. We drop the books outside each others houses as we walk past, and those that are shielding leave books outside to be collected. It works well! Books I've read this year include Where The Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens and Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman - both excellent!

Sending hugs,

18 comments:

  1. I thought you had used 2 different stamps until I read your post,two beautiful cards in gorgeous colours

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two SUPER cards with the floral stamps Vicky. Two very different looks too. Loving the soft ethereal 2nd card. A definite cheerer-upper for someone feeling under the weather.

    Hug, Sarn x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your flowers twofers is stunning. I like both cards in soft colours. Valentine card is wonderful designed with postal stamp and envelope. So nice, to "send" flowers by post. Person who get yellow flowers, has to get well right away. :-) Thank you for joining us at Twofer Flowers Challenge.
    Sonja

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards, Vicky. The books sound great too, though I'm yet to pick any up so far this year xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the different looks of both cards Vicky - they really demonstrate the versatility of the stamp set. I do love the envelope full of bright blooms though - especially with the subtle postage detail background. The book swap sounds like fun; I’ve been reading lots recently too, which I’m really enjoying. Nothing like the escapism of a good book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two fabulous creations, love the image and really lovely colours on both cards, lovely subtle backgrounds too.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Twofers are absolutely beautiful Vicky!! Love the envelope die you used on the first card and your little bouquet of blooms fits just perfectly in the envelope! Your 2nd card is just as lovely and the double grouping of those beautiful yellow flowers couldn't be any prettier! Love the soft coloring around them too! Thanks so much for sharing both of your beauties with us at The Twofer Challenge! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your brightly colored pink flowers in that pretty envelope are so happy and fun, Vicky! And I love how the blue sponging highlights the soft yellow flowers and the sentiment strip adds a wonderful contrast! Thanks for sharing with us at The Twofer Challenge! (I loved Where the Crawdads Sing!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are both beautiful cards! They really showcase how versatile the flower image is - in the right hands, obviously. ;) Gorgeous colouring, too. Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful. Especially love the volours on the first one

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two terrific cards ~ I like your new envelope die, looks like you will get lot's use out of that. The pretty blooms help me know that winter won't last forever :) I like your book share idea! My sister and I do the same, and we enjoyed Where the Crawdads sing too. I'll have to find your other fave as I appreciate recommendations. Happy reading and crafting this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gosh the stamp looks completely different Vicky and what wonderful results you achieved with just that one. Love the envelope idea and the lovley Spring like CAS card.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  13. As always, Vicky, I love how you give each of your card designs your complete attention. Even if they are uber CASlicious, there is just the right depth or texture or softness. These are two perfect examples. I love your note card filled with posies and how you made your own mat in striking blue! And your almost-OLC makes those sweet posies come alive!

    I always like the soft blue people place around their floral images but whenever I've tried - yuck. But now, wait. A light sponging around a mask? Lightbulb moment, so thank you! And thank you for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #34 and sharing with everyone at NBUS! Take care and be safe! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your cards are glorious! Thank you for joining us at the Color Throwdown challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both cards are gorgeous. I love how you have used the same stamp but created two totally different cards. I especially love the soft yellow of the primroses - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. How wonderfully vibrant and happy are those blooms bursting forth from the envelope, Vicky ... a delicious way to send love! The softness of your subtle yellow blooms is beautiful ... and your detailing is just lovely ... a sure way to lift someone's spirits! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely gorgeous, both of them ! I especially love the enveloppe card. Those flowers are so bright against the subtil stencilled background. Love all the little details about "postage". Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at Uniko.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Two beautiful cards, especially love the flowers spilling from the envelope as I just adore raspberry pink. Thank you so much for sharing and joining in on the Uniko challenge. Crafty Hugs Bev

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)