Pages

Tuesday 12 January 2021

Hello my son!

Hello, crafting friends!

Welcome to another fun challenge at CAS Colours and Sketches! This week we have a great sketch to inspire you with:

Isn't it brilliant?! You can use anything for the non-geometric shape so it's very versatile. Here's is what I came up with:


To make my road, I masked off the top and bottom of a thick card base and blended grey ink to a fade on the remaining strip. I masked that off with the bottom of the card and used the leaves from Stampin' Up's Sheltering Tree to stamp the suggestion of a hedge. I added a little more sponging and doodled in some grass details and then the background was ready for the star of the show!


I adore this character from MFT's Pile on The Hugs because he reminds me of my youngest son. I stamped him, coloured him with alcohol markers, fussy cut him and popped him up on dimensionals. The sentiment is from Uniko's Simply Said Blocks and completes a card that I'm sure will give my son a laugh :)

You can see all the inspiration from my talented teamies here and can link your own creation up there too!

CHALLENGES
I'm linking this card up with The Rainbow Card Challenge where this month the challenge is Nothin' But Neutrals. 


AND IN OTHER NEWS
One of the things that reminds me of my son in the stamp I used today, is the cardigan the figure is wearing. My son had one just like it when he was maybe 9 or 10. It was made of softy grey wool and was padded and lined. My son declared it was the most comfortable thing ever! It was a really nice garment at first but, after being worn almost every single day and only ever being washed when I could wrestle him out of it, it began to look a little disreputable and we rudely nicknamed it 'the dog blanket'. Ahhh, happy memories!

Sending hugs,

25 comments:

  1. I don't know how you do it Vicky - your colouring is exquisite and this little scene looks like a painting; so many little details, I am in awe of your artistry, dog blanket cardies and all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute, Vicky. I love how you made that little hedge.
    And how nice that it brought back such a lovely memory.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute! Love how you created the backdrop for this rushed youngster. Love the creativity/techniques that went into creating it. What a sweet memory you have to go with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww . . .this is just gorgeous Vicky. Totally adorable.

    Hug xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute Vicky, love the little boy and design.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH! this is is so adorable, I love the path the hedges so very clever and your adorable "son".
    Keep safe
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dog blanket cardigan! ROFL!!! Your coloring, sponging and textures are so seamless. This is really just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card, Vicky! Thanks for joining us at TRCC and I look forward to you joining us again soon.
    Hugs,
    Em, DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is beautiful and adorable at the same time! The way you’ve created the scene and your coloring are gorgeous but the little boy is just too cute for words. I love how he reminds you of your son. I have stamps that make me think of my daughters.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A great tale about the inspiration for your card,love that happy little guy

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous CAS creation, the road is brilliant and such a cute fussy cut image and really lovely story too.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This little guy is so cute, love the background you created for him and the colours are gorgeous, sweet memories too, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable, Vicky! Love this fun scene and I'm sure your son will be delighted!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card design for your son is adorable and he will Love it, especially the memory of his old dog blanket:-) TFS your card and story, my friend. Love and Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  15. This image is gorgeous Vicky - I wonder what's chasing him! - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow!!! The background is a jaw-dropping piece. So stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this adorable card, I love your fussy-cut image, so very much, and you hand-drawn scene! Your son SHOULD love it!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very sweet card ~ Love the little scarf coloring too ~

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the card Vicky!!! Wonderful little scene: the hedge, the little boy, the road.. all amazing!!! Thank you for joining us at the Rainbow Card Challenge. We love to see your designs. Please join us again next month for the challenge of a mauve card!!!
    Elena DT

    ReplyDelete
  20. Adorable! I love how you re-created a memory of your son. The scene you created is great. Thanks for joining us at Rainbow Card Challenge.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is so cute! I love that little boy running and how you made the background! So fun! :) Thank you so much for joining us at the Rainbow Challenge! Hugs! Katy DT

    ReplyDelete
  22. So cute and sweet! The coloring is amazing! Great to see you in the Rainbow Card Challenge gallery. Hope you will join us this month as well! Nandini, DT

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)