Pages

Wednesday 20 January 2021

Hooray for good news!

Hello, crafting friends!

When my daughter phoned to tell me she'd been promoted at work, I fell on that good news like a thirsty traveller in a desert who finds a watering hole! Champagne corks popped! Dances were jigged around the kitchen! Hats were flung in the air (ok, not the hats!) And of course the craft stash came out :)


My dayughter enjoys trendy cute cards but I felt a promotion merited something a little more grown up. I got out my In The Meadow stamp set from Funky Fossil and used my stamping platform and some Stampin' Up water-based markers to ink up the individual parts of the flowers.



The panel was trimmed and attached to a card base and I added two sentiments: the 'congratulations' is from Uniko's Simply Said Blocks; and the 'so very proud of you' is from Clearly Besotted's Simply Said.

EDITED TO ADD AN AWARD
Delighted that this card was the Diamond Winner at Color My Heart Color Dare!


CHALLENGES
Once again, I was knocked out by the inspiration photo at Inspired By and couldn't wait to join in! The Color My Heart Color Dare Challenge did the same to me with the colours on challenge 426 - I picked Lagoon, Avocado and Lemonade. I'm also joining in with Watercooler Wednesday where Kath is hosting the Occasions challenge.


AND IN OTHER NEWS
For those that enjoyed the other day's family words that had been misheard by my youngest son, here's a story about my eldest. I had gone to collect him from school and his teacher asked if she could see me for a moment. My heart sank, imagining some problem, but she wanted to show me some work that he had done for her and that she had enjoyed. The children had been asked to write about something they'd done in the holidays and my son had opted to describe a picnic we'd had. He was pretty young, so there were the usual references to 'sossige roles' and 'yogert' but the teacher wanted to point out a food that had mystified her at first: 'canon bear'. She had soon realised that he was referring to Camembert cheese and couldn't resist sharing it with me.

It was also my eldest son who, as a very tiny and upset boy asked me if I could please 'wipe away his ears'! Love him!

Sending hugs,

25 comments:

  1. Huge congratulations to your daughter - I'm sure she will love the card you made for her - as do I - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. VERY pretty card with lovely sentiment mix on the front. Congrats to your daughter.
    Loving the family tales! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is really lovely Vicky. It reminds me that spring is just around the corner.
    Congratulations to your daughter,
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Firstly, congratulations to your daughter on her promotion - what awesome news! And a very pretty (and grown up!) card to celebrate - your meadow flowers are just perfect for the inspo photo. I did chuckle at your mis-heard words memoirs; Rebecca is a classic for this kind of thing, and has come up with a number that have stood the test of time in our household: diveo (for video) and pork lion (instead of pork loin) to name just two! Funny how these malapropisms become a natural part of family language though isn't it? Have a wonderful (if wet!) day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to your daughter! This card is lovely and will be appreciated for sure! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to your clever daughter, I love the card and I'm sure she will Vicky, so very beautiful and love how you have taken the inspiration and made it your own. As for your son's wording, don't they make the most wonderful memories :)
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations to your daughter Vicky,a beautiful card to celebrate her promotion

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a beautiful card Vicky. Definitely grown up too! Congratulations to your daughter. Thanks for playing along with Color My Heart Color Dare. X

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful design Vicky.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  10. Spot on with the inspiration photo. I love your delicate flowers & the bold yet simple sentiment. Thank you for sharing at Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A really super design and a lovely choice of colours and love that stamp.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great card from this inspiration, Vicky! Love how you've stamped these flowers! Congratulations to your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulation to your daughter....how exciting! She will love your beautiful card! Thank you for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful colorful card celebrating your daughter's promotion:-) Love your cute story about your young son's written story and his teacher loved the story too:-) TFS my friend. Love and Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the colors you used on your beautiful water colored flowers... CAS and beautiful. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is just lovely Vicky.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Vicky I couldn't love your card more - you've so beautifully represented that gorgeous floral 'head-board'! Congrats to your daughter, and loved reading all the stories, and ways your son made you smile - aren't they the sweetest of all?
    Thanks for playing cards with IB157!!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy dance for promotions and a huge congratulations to your daughter. Your card is gorgeous Vicky, it is so incredibly perfect, one to be framed. Thank you for inspiring us this week @ IB, can't wait to see more as always!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fantastic news! Wonderful to hear things to celebrate for these days especially. Your card turned out beautiful for her :)
    I guessed "Can of Beer"! heehee ~ Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations to your daughter! You've created such a pretty card for her. Love the stories about your boys, so cute. Thanks for joining us at IB!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is GORGEOUS! Congrats to your daughter as well as you for creating such a beauty of a card! Thanks for sharing this with us at IB!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is so delightfully cheerful it just makes me smile through and through. Your colors make these flowers so delicate. I love this card! Thank you for joining us at CMHCD. Looking forward to seeing more of your work. Eva must be quite the supervisor for you to make such a nice card.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a fabulous creation, and it could not be more perfect for the IB challenge which I thought of immediately before seeing that it was part of your inspiration. And how wonderful to read about your children and your story about the canon bear. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)