Pages

Tuesday 13 April 2021

A Pretty Perennial note

Hello, crafting friends!

Welcome to another Tuesday and another fun challenge at CAS Colours & Sketches. Wei is our host this month and she has a great sketch for you today:


I love that circle-within-a-circle element and there's so much you can do with it! I opted to go really simple with a watercoloured grey circle and a round looking flower inside.


Using pink ink, I stamped a flower from Styampin' Up's Pretty Perennials and added shading with a darker pink coloured pencil. I gave it a heat embossed gold centre before glueing it to the watercoloured circle. The sentiment, from Clearly Besotted's Simply Said, was also heat embossed in gold. I trimmed the card panel with a stitched rectangle die by Heffy Doodle before attaching it to the card base.


By the way, the front of the envelope I photographed the card with has been sponged with pink ink and decorated with a leafy image from the same stamp set. Obviously this is only suitable for hand delivery as Postie could end up covered in pink ink if it were to rain, and may not be on board with being decorated in this way!

We would love to see what you make of our sketch! Head over to the CAS Colours and Sketches blog where my team mates have some fabulous inspiration for you - and we're also lucky enough to have the ever creative Melanie Hungerford guesting with us :) You will find the Linky Tool there too so that you can link up your creation. Don't forget to keep it clean and simple!

CHALLENGES
I used the Pink/Grey/Gold colour theme at Less is More for this card so I'm linking up there; 


AND IN OTHER NEWS
Do you ever have one of those days when nothing goes yright? That was yyesterday for me! I spent what felt like the entire day trying to sort one thing out and just creating a massive mess; then, when I decided to take a rest and turned on the computer, I accidentally tipped a glass of water over the keyboard! If only I knew how to read tea leaves, I feel sure that the leaves in my morning cuppa would have formed capital letters saying DO NOT GET UP TODAY!!!

Sending hugs,

14 comments:

  1. Your comment about the postie made me smile,I can imagine him with pink hands,a beautiful image and CAS card

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, poor you - hate those kind of days hope today is better for you.

    Lovely sketch and terrific card.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty in pastel pink Vicky and I love the envelope decoration too - such a great idea! Here’s to a better day today for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, know those days Vicky!!

    Love the sheer simplistic elegance of your card, I just wish I was brace enough to venture into CAS in the same way.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brave enough even, fumble fingers and dodgy eyes are a recipe for disaster.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its beautiful Vicky! Hand delivering is what I also suggest, as we dont want that lovely ink blended envelope to get soaked do we;) Much love & hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. A really stunning card, great image with a really lovely shade of pink.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simply beautiful pencil colored flower sketch design and color challenge card, Vicky. Is your keyboard now toast? Hope today was much better. Love and Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really lovely! You've done such a nice job of combining the two challenges. Love the way you used the colors for Less is More.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful soft bloom! I love the colour combo.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH! NO hope the keyboard was OK, just thought, it must be otherwise you wouldn't have a post?

    A GORGEOUS card Vicky, CAS and wonderful. It had to be hand delivered, bet they didn't know why hahaha. The envelope a beautiful addition to the card.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well I hope the rest of your week is better than the beginning for you Vicky.
    Your card is super dupa. Great use of the LiM colours and such a delicate design, simply lovely. Thank you for sharing with us,
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card, Vicky ! Love the simple and clean look of this design. Totally my cup of tea (not on my keyboard of course ! đŸ˜„). Some days are better than others, I'm sure you have more better days that hopefully help you to forget the others ! Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at Less is More.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)