Pages

Saturday 8 May 2021

Aim high little guy!

Hello, crafting friends!

Happy Saturday and welcome to another fun challenge at Addicted to CAS. Fran is our hostess for the next two weeks and she has chosen a fun code word:


She has also found the gap in my stash! I don't have any bug stamps unless bees count - do they? The loosest definition is 'an insect or creature that resembles an insect' so I guess bees DO count! But I went in a different direction.


To set the scene, I used two sticky notes to form blades of grass and sponged green ink into them. I added additional background grass by sponging the ink into the grass on Funky Fossil's Scenic Borders stencil. I know I do this a lot, but I make no apology for adding a burst of sunshine courtesy of Clearly Besotted's Sunny Day stencil - after all, we need as much sunshine as possible in our lives!


The ladybird was a punched circle of red card stock. I cut part of it away and added a black head and spots with a fineliner pen - simple! I had my bug trundling up the tallest blade of grass and added an ancient Stampin' Up sentiment which I thought was appropriate. I trimmed my panel out with my favourite Heffy Doodle stitched rectangle die before attaching it to a card base.

And now it's your turn! We would be so happy to see your clean and simple bug cards filling up our gallery! The team has produced its usual amazing inspiration, so hop over to the Addicted to CAS challenge blog to take a look and to link up your own CAS creation via the Linky Tool there.

CHALLENGES
Time Out's latest challenge is Move and although my little bug is not a very fast mover, you can see that he is trundling his way to the top! There's some sad news from Time Out: My lovely bloggy pal Sandie, who has run the challenge so brilliantly for 7 years, is having to step down for health reasons. You can read her farewell message on the blog and I'm sure she would appreciate you leaving a message of support. 


AND IN OTHER NEWS
Today's card reminds me of a time when I was a girl, helping my father bring sheep into the farmyard from the far fields. We were all assigned a place to stand along the way, so that we could head the sheep into the lane as they came past. M field was quite near the farm so I had quite a wait on my own. It was a lovely warm sunny day and I lay back in the grass. I have never forgotten that moment as I became super aware of everything going on: the sun on my skin, the buzzing of insects in the grass, the rustle of a breeze in the trees, a burst of bird song - the first time I had really understood what a miracle all of nature really is.

Do you remember having a moment like that?

Sending hugs,

15 comments:

  1. Indeed Nature is a miracle Vicky, I learn to appreciate it with my Dad the very same way, although no sheep for us, cattle and pigs instead and of course most importantly my horse and dog.

    A lovely card and ingenious way to create the grass, must remember that one.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is so precious Vicky, what a wonderful idea for the ladybird to climb to the top of the grass, beautifully done and with the sun too. I love the grass stencil, your ladybird is wonderful and a clever make.
    A special moment? there have been many, Nature is a wonder every day.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card. I don’t know what it is about ladybirds, but they really appeal to me, so this card is right up my street. Very creative of you, as usual.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fun ladybird card,love your scene and sentiment

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your lady bug is awesome, Vicky, and so is your grass! And I never tire of that stenciled sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is totally brilliant, love it.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, but you are so clever and creative, my friend. I love how you created your tall grasses...and love your sunburst sunrise...I think. But designing your own ladybug was actually very simple, but also very clever. TFS all your steps, Vicky. Oh yes, I have always been an outside girl..always a tomboy so I laid in the grass many times and loved all the peace and sounds:-) TFS your lovely card and story, my friend. Love and Hugs....Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this lady bug design -- very unique!! No sheep in my past, although that sounds delightful. A NY suburb with a yard and grasshoppers and lightning bugs. Fun times!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is one of those cards that truly show your creative genius Vicky - I just love reading how you come up with fabulous CAS cards like this! The ladybird is just perfect for the perspective - and yes, nothing quite like hours spent lying in the studying clouds and just listening to the world around you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is ingenious Vicky - love the grass you've created and the ladybird! Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so creative Vicky, what a great way to make the grass and love the way you have added the sentiment. Thanks for your kind words x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this encouraging card! So fun with the blade of gas and climbing it~

    ReplyDelete
  13. what an adorable CAS scene, the lady bug is so cute! You've been very creative with this car, love it. Thank you for joining us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Vicky, I love that you didn't let the lack of any bug-themed stamps or dies stop you from creating the perfect card! You're showing your cleverness - love how your mind works! xoxo Fran

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)