Pages

Tuesday 29 June 2021

Little love notes

Hello, crafting friends!

Are you up for a new challenge? When there's a fifth Tuesday in the month we make it even easier for you at CAS Colours and Sketches, providing both the sketch AND the colours!


I don't have any ink pads even close to these colours but I wasn't going to let that stop me! To create the banner, I masked off the shape on a card base with sticky notes and got my coloured pencils out. I matched the Tangerine and Peach colours as closely as possible and created a blend using the crosshatch technique.


For the rectangular element of the sketch I stamped the notebook from Sugar Pea's Beautiful Books set onto pink card stock and fussy cut it. The bookmark was added using a matching scrap of ribbon, which I trimmed into a fishtail to echo the banner. I found a tangerine marker and used it to ink up the glasses from the set, cutting them out and positioning them on top of the notebook.


The set also comes with this sentiment and a variety of hearts which I used to link the main image with the background.

So now it's your turn! hop on over to the CAS Colours and Sketches blog where you'll find heaps of inspiration from the design team. You'll also find the Linky Tool there and will be able to  link up your own creation. Please remember to keep your card clean and simple with that all important clear, unpatterned space, but above all have fun! 

CHALLENGES
I'm linking this card up with Perfectly CAS, where the challenge is to make a clean and simple card using just one corner and using up to one third of the card front.


AND IN OTHER NEWS
This weekend I met up with family for a picnic in a large country park. It was beautiful, with pathways meandering through wildflower meadows, wooded areas and unexpected views over rolling hills. Eva, who gets very distressed on long journeys, was unable to come with me but as we were strolling back to the car after lunch, I felt a little sniff at the back of my legs, turned and found a young golden retriever there who obviously recognised a friend! His owners raced up and were very apologetic but of course I assured them it was an honour to be singled out by a golden pup! Later we saw the family again by the side of a muddy pond in which the golden was swimming around with the air of a dog who feels sure there must be ducks in here somewhere! He was only eight months old and reminded me so much of Eva at that age.

Sending hugs,

20 comments:

  1. This is adorable! These colors are right up my alley, and the book and glasses....well, I read and wear mine every day! CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That colour palette is very pleasing on the eye Vicky and looks pretty close to the requisite palette to me.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A stunning make Vicky,love your inky background and fantastic stamped book and embellishments

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a sunny and creative take on the sketch. And to me the colours and sketch is the hardest week!! I love you added the ribbon and cut the fishtail to match the banner-a tiny but, oh so clever, detail! And using the same colour as the fishtail for the glasses, you were on a roll here! And there is nothing like the feel of a real book to read rather than a e-book! Your weekend sounds just lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty Vicky!! I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So very creative Vicky and beautiful too, love the design take of the sketch. Sorry to have been awol, but have had a looky at your latest designs and WOW! as usual. Love them.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A brilliant card Vicky capturing the sketch and the one corner. Love it! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this is such a beautiful card in so many ways. I was fascinated by the banner beneath the book, and love how you created it. At first I thought you used a stamp. Love the colour blending and the addition of the glasses and ribbon banner on top of the book. Well thought out and meaningful card.! Penny

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the colour pallet and the super CAS design, love the touch with the sun glasses, lets hope we get to use them this summer.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great take on the sketch and perfectly coloured . . . a Lovely card.

    Hug, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful CAS design and your color matching turned out beautiful too. TFS your notecard and fun dog story, my friend. Love and Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just popping in to say, I have been receiving your emails full of wonderful inspiration for a long long time. I do have to say the best part is the 'in other news', antics with Eva. Always makes me smile. A good start to the day, Elainex

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this card! Well done for thinking outside of your colouring box to get the just the right shades and your interpretation of the sketch is delightful. That little book mark ribbon...perfect! Brilliant. Hugs, Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great make hun, love the colours you have used
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! Just wow! This is fabulous...right down to the ribbon. Outstanding Vicky!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love love this card Vicky, looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your take on the sketch this week Vicky and such a clever and creative take on the colours! This could be straight from my bedside table - I’m always leaving glasses on an open book! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMG what a FABULOUS card ... LOVE IT!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Perfectly CAS challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    PERFECTLY CAS
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great card! I love how you re-created the bookmark with some ribbon - super clever. Thanks for joining us at Perfectly CAS.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)